new to the log game!

Arran Turner

its my first year of trading i have some logs, some have been stored in a container down the yard as ive have been moved around the yard a bit. They have been split but now are a little mouldy, should i bin them or bag them and put them outside?

Secondly im going to do my pile outside next week, split and put in a tonne bag then put on a crate and put a tarp over the top, how long should i store them for, is it a year to season? And is this process okey

thank you

arran

okey thank you ill stack neaty and tarp

ill only bag when being sold

thank you

arran

arran, when i can get them i use them wooden crates that builders and landscapers get materials delivered in. perfect for storing logs in. or construct a bay out of pallets and chuck logs in there. just keep logs off the ground and the top covered and you'll be fine. where in essex are you mate?

Secondly im going to do my pile outside next week, split and put in a tonne bag then put on a crate and put a tarp over the top, how long should i store them for, is it a year to season? And is this process okey

Nothing wrong with this, but as said use the vented log bags instead. The main thing is to keep handling the logs to a minimum.

arran, when i can get them i use them wooden crates that builders and landscapers get materials delivered in. perfect for storing logs in. or construct a bay out of pallets and chuck logs in there. just keep logs off the ground and the top covered and you'll be fine. where in essex are you mate?

there are a few crates about which i can use. Crates and pallets are good as i can move wood with the forklift.

Im in thurrock 15 mins away from lakeside shopping centre

thanks

arran