New GB 3/8 lo pro rim ST internal external 3/8 lo pro

Rob D

Have now got the new GB lo pro rims.

These have been designed and manufactured exclusively for chainawbars. Not a cheap thing to do hence price but we will do an ongoing offer of by 2 get 1 free. If you buy 5 then get additional 3 free.

These have an ST size internal fitting but run 3/8 lo pro on the outside.

This means you can run lo pro chain on chainsaws that have a rim and sprocket set up.

Can be bought here [ame]

[/ame] as part of a larger order.

Or if you just want this and only this buy on ebay to save postage costs

GB 3/8 lo pro rim Standard ST internal and 3/8 lo pro external BUY 2 get 1 FREE | eBay

And a vid here:-

[ame]

[/ame]

Soon we will have better spacers for our GB lo pro guide bars which means then these bars will run on most saws, and we'll also have Stihl lo pro ripping chain (2 weeks away).

Add to this the new Sugi bars which will run on 3/8 lo pro chain, Stihl's 3/8 lo pro chisel - all of this opens up a lot of options running 3/8 lo pro on different saws.

:biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
What does the ST inner diameter code really mean? Is it the Stihl specific "mini" 7-spline, or is it the "normal" small 7-spline?

Sorry only just seen this - the ST is Standard inner diameter.

Oregon SM (small) internal diameter will not fit the Stihl equivalent. But they do fit the Husky SM (small) internal equivalent.

Oregon ST (standard) internal diameter will also fit the ST (standard) Stihl equivalent.

So standard internal rims will fit all chainsaws across the board.

:biggrin:

• 1 month later...
Sorry only just seen this - the ST is Standard inner diameter.

Thanks, that's cool!

Will there be any with the SM inner diameter? Many people around the world have been annoyed that lo-pro rims haven't been available for standard and/or small 7-sline drums - just for the Stihl mini 7-spline.

Edited by SawTroll

Hi Rob,

I think it's worth my while trying these as I run a few saws on lopro off the standard 3/8 rims.

A couple of questions,

is the internal rim fitting the same on stihl 026,036,066?

And as I'm not sure without looking, some are stihl drums and some are Oregon, do you have these rims to fit both types?

Cheers,

Si

Please pardon my ignorance, what's the advantage of low-pro chain / sprocket?

Thanks.

Well from my perspective, I run modified lo pro chain on some of my carving bars on bigger saws 026,036 and sometimes 066

I also run it on a lo pro 42" bar on the 066 when milling over 30" logs, the thinner kerf negates any obvious loss of power running a bar in excess of 36"