X-Rigging Rings and new stuff (THT) from Xtreme Arborist

theXman

hello everyone,

It's been a crazy busy year and I've been away from this forum and other forums for many months.

This forum is important to me, but it's hard when there are so many important things going on. Sometimes, some things get neglected; there is just not enough time in the day OR night.

Updates:

X-Rigging Rings are going great in the USA. There was a large, unexpected surge this year that depleted our supply temporarily and THAT paused our “first time” small orders and samples to places around the world. The small orders are being sent out now. I don't think it will happen again.

I have NOT had time to do any video editing. But August Hunicke and Lawrence Shultz did put out videos this summer that involve the X-Rigging Rings and myself in the work.

Actually, I told August to go ahead and show a sneak peak of a new tool called the THT; it was used to slow the butt down of a large top, but is often used for the main terminal rigging point and adds needed friction.

This THT should be available soon, I’ve been using my prototype THTs for almost a year now. Antal makes the X-Rigging Rings for us and have been really good to work with. They happily obliged us when I requested the idea of them making the extra-large “beast” 38x28 ring size when I saw the need for a larger than ever ring in our line of work. Since they have been so great to work with, we are giving them the first stab at making this THT product for us with the same high quality workmanship as the rings.

Anyway, I just wanted to pop in and touch base. Also to say sorry to anyone that has emailed or placed small orders and had any delays.

I'm sure I'll be spending more time here this winter.

Things are still very busy right now, but I should have more time after the big TCI Expo show next month.

Later,

X

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

video Lawrence put together after my New York city visit with him.

(come to think of it, I may HAVE posted that one on arbtalk before.... sorry if I did already, I'm beat tired).

All rigging is using the X-Rigging Rings of course.

Some of our new sling configurations for 2015 are in these videos, but not that you can see real well the configuration too much.

good night,

X

In case you haven't seen, this was the video August did and the THT is shown briefly in there:

THAT is a fantastic video!

Is that something August has done himself? Looked like a fantastic air of teamwork and fun:thumbup1:

And the 2nd Video was good too, great control

Edited by josharb87

hello everyone,

It's been a crazy busy year and I've been away from this forum and other forums for many months.

This forum is important to me, but it's hard when there are so many important things going on. Sometimes, some things get neglected; there is just not enough time in the day OR night.

Updates:

X-Rigging Rings are going great in the USA. There was a large, unexpected surge this year that depleted our supply temporarily and THAT paused our “first time” small orders and samples to places around the world. The small orders are being sent out now. I don't think it will happen again.

I have NOT had time to do any video editing. But August Hunicke and Lawrence Shultz did put out videos this summer that involve the X-Rigging Rings and myself in the work.

Actually, I told August to go ahead and show a sneak peak of a new tool called the THT; it was used to slow the butt down of a large top, but is often used for the main terminal rigging point and adds needed friction.

This THT should be available soon, I’ve been using my prototype THTs for almost a year now. Antal makes the X-Rigging Rings for us and have been really good to work with. They happily obliged us when I requested the idea of them making the extra-large “beast” 38x28 ring size when I saw the need for a larger than ever ring in our line of work. Since they have been so great to work with, we are giving them the first stab at making this THT product for us with the same high quality workmanship as the rings.

Anyway, I just wanted to pop in and touch base. Also to say sorry to anyone that has emailed or placed small orders and had any delays.

I'm sure I'll be spending more time here this winter.

Things are still very busy right now, but I should have more time after the big TCI Expo show next month.

Later,

X

Please email [email protected]

some THT pictures

[ATTACH]167973[/ATTACH]

Could've really used the THT today whilst rigging the top of a decayed Arbutus. In the past Id used to use a figure 8 to a similar effect....but what you have there looks much better. Good stuff mate :thumbup1: