Small trailer of logs/ price/ volume (help)

harvey b davison

This will be my first foray into the world of selling logs. Up until now all the wood i have got i have cut and stored to be used soley for my family. However, i have been asked to supply a few customers with the odd small load just now and again.

I am planning on just using my small erde 102 trailer for now, and if they need a larger load then i will use my big trailer.

The dimensions of my little erde is 1050 x 840 x 320. I believe this gives just over half a cube.

I would be supplying a mixed load, basically whatever i have to hand.

So how much do you think i should charge ? I was thinking around the £30 mark.

The load in the picture is one which contains 5 carrier bags of sticks, which this customer requested.

001.jpg.ed4288173626cf475e1d2f0a93e886a9.jpg

Gumtree is your friend on these i found, based on what i sell my waste wood for id price it at 40£ collected then offer to deliver for a small fee, fee being dependant on distance.

I find that there are a lot of "the good life" type folk who would rather buy unseasoned, unsplit wood and do it themselves, for the "fun of it", especially those who have just had a stove installed.

Often sell my arb waste online for more than the log suppliers sell seasoned split loads delivered! Madness really but i guess people just like the idea of doing it themselves.

Cheers lads. Must have put my decimal point in wrong bob.:lol:

Like i said before, its the first time i've really sold any. I got ask for a small load for an old (ish) lady, so i just made this load up from stuff off the pile, so no extra work involved really. I'm happy i think with £30, for odd trailer load.

Ive got a trailer like yours and I put an empty dumpy bag inside it,then roll the bag down and fill with logs whilst rolling the sides back up then I tie the handles together with bale twine and charge £40.The good thing about that trailer is you can push it round like a barrow,up side of houses etc.

Ive got a trailer like yours and I put an empty dumpy bag inside it,then roll the bag down and fill with logs whilst rolling the sides back up then I tie the handles together with bale twine and charge £40.The good thing about that trailer is you can push it round like a barrow,up side of houses etc.

Thats a nice idea.:thumbup1: Yes this trailer is brilliant for getting into tight spaces. I use it like a wheelbarrow sometimes. I carnt believe my dad has had this in his garage for about 3 yrs and never really used it.