Grounds Maintenance Team Day Rate

Nick Connell

It really seems to depend on who you're working for and what your doing. We aim for £350 a day for a 2 man team, however we generally only achieve that from cutting multiple sites in one day. If we are on a single site for a day then £250 - £300 is more often the case.

I tend to agree with this. It's possible to exceed £400 booked value if working at a few sites in one day but if on one site then more in line with the above. To price up work at £400 per day for regular GM is good going if you can get it.....

I am going to throw the cat amongst the pigeons here but........Now i am not saying anyone in THIS tread has put grounds maintenance down, but i read over and over that 'i put a quote of £xyz in and got told its too expensive, do they realise the truck and chipper sitting on their drive costs £xyz'

I would argue that the cost of our GM kit exceeds that of a tree surgeon, so why is it always the consensus that GM should be charging less than tree work?

All of our guys have to be trained too now days, well at least they should be, i know many companies dont! so training costs are similar in good companies. Plus our kit costs more! a crew with 2 mowers, 2 strimmers, 1 blower, 1 line marker, 1 ride on machine, 1 trailer, 1 truck.

The small tools all cost similar in respect of Arb & GM, but your chipper costs MUCH less that my Trailer & Rideon Machines

just saying

I am going to throw the cat amongst the pigeons here but........Now i am not saying anyone in THIS tread has put grounds maintenance down, but i read over and over that 'i put a quote of £xyz in and got told its too expensive, do they realise the truck and chipper sitting on their drive costs £xyz'

I would argue that the cost of our GM kit exceeds that of a tree surgeon, so why is it always the consensus that GM should be charging less than tree work?

All of our guys have to be trained too now days, well at least they should be, i know many companies dont! so training costs are similar in good companies. Plus our kit costs more! a crew with 2 mowers, 2 strimmers, 1 blower, 1 line marker, 1 ride on machine, 1 trailer, 1 truck.

The small tools all cost similar in respect of Arb & GM, but your chipper costs MUCH less that my Trailer & Rideon Machines

just saying

well said this is exactly why i got out of GM and into arb

a good pedestrian mowers going to cost as much as a 660 not some crap thing out of B&Q for £99 quid

your triple does a hose at least £80 fitting it yourself

GM is an expensive ball ache compared to arb

people cut their own grass and hedges and think whats hard about that

not many attempt a dismantle or felling

and when they cant do something they are inclined to think the jobs worth more

just saying

I'm not seeing your point about costs to be honest, a well equipped Arb team/company have far more expensive equipment than GM guys...certainly when considering all the climbing gear, grinders, LOLER, HGV etc. however I do agree the lower prices quoted in this thread seem a bit tight.

I'm not seeing your point about costs to be honest, a well equipped Arb team/company have far more expensive equipment than GM guys...certainly when considering all the climbing gear, grinders, LOLER, HGV etc. however I do agree the lower prices quoted in this thread seem a bit tight.

It does depend on the level of each individual company. Commercial mowers/tractors run upwards of 40k but then on the arb side mogs and tracked chippers run into high numbers as well.....