What brushcutter head?

Woodworks

I am cutting anything from rough grass, nettles and brambles. What do you guys recommend for this kind of work?

I have been using one of the Oregon 4 line heads (the sort that take heavy gauge serrated square cord) but I have just melted the base. This may have been my fault or it was damaged by the guy I lent it too last week :sneaky2: I only use it with 2 lines as 4 does not appear to help much but I previously used one of the 2 line heads and the cord would get jammed into the head all the time.

mulching blade is my new favourite tool, the stuff just dissapers ,no more forking piles of brambles about!

nylon head for most short grass and then flat metal blade for long grass so you can sweep it into rows for easy collection.

carl

Funny we phoned our dealer the other day who said they've never heard of it before??? And it's special order and not for our machine! Crazy.

This is what we use for tackling the tussocky stuff. Its ideal for cutting and folding the stuff into easy to shift lines.

Stihl 230mm 4 Blade Grass Cutting Brush Cutter Blade

I have found it better to have a blade with a bent down end at approx. 30 /40 degrees at the end to help with cutting and mulching woody weeds such as the Oregon mulching blade OREGON® 2-Tooth, 12" (300mm) 3mm Thickness Blade I have had excellent results with heavy duty brushcutters with herbaceous plants, tough grasses even through to coppice regrowth etc.