husky 346xp NE and xpg's

Charlieh

couple of questions, is there anyone on here running a 346xp New edition (silver sided one) if so how do you rate it, im considering chopping in my 340 and 254xp to get one, im only looking to run either a 13" or 15" bar on it as anything bigger i will use the 372 on

and secondly anyone using saws with the heated handles how do you find them? I have a bit more work coming up this winter where i will be using the saw most of the day eg coppicing and firewood and just wondered if its worth the extra? it would also be another box ticked on the RA

cheers

Charlie

I hate husqvarna saws with a passion, but Work's national supply contract is with them and I have to use them. That said the 346 isn't a bad little saw i prefer mine with the 13" bar I've ran mine every day for 6 months and had no problems at all. My current one hasn't got heated handles but I'd definitly pick that option if i could.

if paying 4 or £500 for a saw why not spend another £30 and get heated handles

all mine have it

makes sense in winter when it,s cold and supposably helps with HAVS

tbh imo all employers should supply heated handles to help save claims as if not employees could claim that there were other things the employer could have done

If you dont wear gloves they do get too hot

and as said when wet your hands stay warm and it does dry your gloves

they only really work when ringing up if snedding bits they probably wont even get warm

p.s beware on 372 ect where there is 2 heat settings on the switch 1 is for a heated carb and if you leave it on it will kill your saw we disconnected all ours

If you dont wear gloves they do get too hot

and as said when wet your hands stay warm and it does dry your gloves

they only really work when ringing up if snedding bits they probably wont even get warm

When i was using heated handles i was production felling in the forests & they kept my hands warm even when snedding.

I think the heated handles would be a bonus charlie for you especially you working river side ,did some river clearance a few years ago in the middle of winter and was so glad of my 357s heated handles!.

Ive been lent a new 346 for a few weeks to try out when a friend brought one,very nicely balanced and easily the most usable saw in its class!instant power and usable smooth power band when reved up 100 times better than a ms26.