Noob carving saw.

Hi experts.

Fancy trying my hand at this carving lark after a recent burst of inspiration seeing a carved trunk.

What do you recommend?

Money not an object. :001_cool:

I got a little machine coming on Monday - Tuesday it will be fitted with sugihara carving bar

Only trouble it's red :thumbup::thumbup:

No problem with colour here Shaves. Despite voting LEAVE..I'm not racist :001_tt2:

Hi All, i got this little 350 from shavey with a normal bar then got got the carver bar at a later date. I love this saw, not tried carving yet but i get so giddy :001_smile: when i pick this saw up its unbelievable. So nice and light and nimble, yet with grunt as well. Buy One ! :thumbup:

DSCF1036.jpg.e9d4a43e029bd826d335bc71c2900950.jpg

Hi All, i got this little 350 from shavey with a normal bar then got got the carver bar at a later date. I love this saw, not tried carving yet but i get so giddy :001_smile: when i pick this saw up its unbelievable. So nice and light and nimble, yet with grunt as well. Buy One ! :thumbup:

How much was that wee Dolmar? :thumbup1:

Ok. Here's a cat amongst the pigeons...

Which is better? Shavey's Dolmar 350 or Rob.D's Echo 281 WES?

:confused1:

You can add to that the Echo 360 for good measure...

Hi all I may as well put in my thoughts I have run a ms180 for the last 10 yrs carving I started with a Sthil carving bar but now have a sugi the sugi bars are much better lighter , my ms180 is now F---ed and the new sthils are crap so I will be ordering an echo set up from Rob D just as soon as I get the stump carving done that I am doing at the mo ,with a borrowed new sthil that is no way as good as my old one . good luck with whatever you go for

cheers Mark

How much was that wee Dolmar? :thumbup1:

Ok. Here's a cat amongst the pigeons...

Which is better? Shavey's Dolmar 350 or Rob.D's Echo 281 WES?

:confused1:

You can add to that the Echo 360 for good measure...

I got my 350 at a trade in price for my knackerd mak saw, so dont know 'real' price.

I have never tried an echo, so i'm in no position to say which is best. All i can do is give the dolly the good review it deserves.

cheers

H.:001_smile:

No problem with colour here Shaves. Despite voting LEAVE..I'm not racist :001_tt2:

I can't comment much on the echo only if the smaller saws like there bigger saws then you won't go far wrong

Here is a photo from earlier in the year :thumbup::thumbup:

image.jpg.4bcdfa35221712fb590dbbb2551b1367.jpg