low price chipper advice needed

normandylumberjack

:confused1:Can anyone advise me as to a low price chipper/ shredder for domestic use?

I would be only chipping upto 3" max, and mostly hedge cuttings and leaves etc. for the compost bin. would like a large hopper so im not feeding individual twigs in. upto £1K

Any ideas? I like the look of the titan pro.:vroam::fight:

If you can find an old entec treebusta they are brilliant.

Like a wheelbarrow with a large hopper and a 13hp engine.

I'm sure I saw one recently.

The 13/75 was the one Timberwolf replaced it with when they took over Entec and got greedy jacking up the prices something rotten.

I had mine for a couple of years and it was superb.

I hired an Eliet Major years ago when I was thinning Ash at home.

'Easy peezy, drop it straight into the wood off the telehandler, wheel it about where I need it' thought I... How wrong was I!

It wasn't as good as the Timberwolf as it didn't have a discharge chute, it just dumped it out the end onto the floor, so had to be moved frequently. It also had small solid wheels rather than proper garden tractor jubblies on it, so aforementioned wasn't easy.

I found it a cretinous thing to use, slow, jammed the feed rollers easily. Avoid that sort!

Edited by WorcsWuss