Building my own chip box

Orchard

I am in the middle of designing my own chip box to fit onto the existing tub of a double cab pick up. It's just for small jobs so it doesn't need to tip I'll just unload by hand. I have some 3mm Ali checker plate for the sides and front and rear, I was thinking of making the adjustable angled roof out of mesh to let the air flow from the chipper flow through without causing loads of blow back. Are there any things to be aware of as I am sure there will be people who have built their own chip box themselves and have a few tips and pointers to share?

Thank you in advanced!

Andrew

I am in the middle of designing my own chip box to fit onto the existing tub of a double cab pick up. It's just for small jobs so it doesn't need to tip I'll just unload by hand. I have some 3mm Ali checker plate for the sides and front and rear, I was thinking of making the adjustable angled roof out of mesh to let the air flow from the chipper flow through without causing loads of blow back. Are there any things to be aware of as I am sure there will be people who have built their own chip box themselves and have a few tips and pointers to share?

Thank you in advanced!

Andrew

I would have a removeable or hinged roof so that you can stand up to handball it out rather than on yer knees.

Be interested in seeing how this goes mate, Iv just picked up an l200 and doing exactly the same thing myself, just sold my canopy and building one out of rails and ply board, cheap and cheerful to get me going il be updating over the next week or two once I start building the frame

Be interested in seeing how this goes mate, Iv just picked up an l200 and doing exactly the same thing myself, just sold my canopy and building one out of rails and ply board, cheap and cheerful to get me going il be updating over the next week or two once I start building the frame

Just to get you going normally means it will stay like it forever:blushing: I shoved some ply up on the hilux tipper with intentions of doing it properly a few weeks later five years ago, makes me feel ill looking at it :thumbdown:

Bob

moretrucks001_zpsef78a2cb.jpg

Just to get you going normally means it will stay like it forever:blushing: I shoved some ply up on the hilux tipper with intentions of doing it properly a few weeks later five years ago, makes me feel ill looking at it :thumbdown:

Bob

moretrucks001_zpsef78a2cb.jpg

Lol to get me going in terms of I have full intentions of buying a tipper 4x4 once im earning a profit lol, but I know what you mean mate 👍