Any hydraulic experts- slight issue with tractor/loader

Matthew Storrs

Hopefully someone might know the problem. I have a Same tractor with loader- tractor is fine but the loader isn't. The problem i have is that the bucket seems to uncurl/drop by itself if i have say a full bucket of soil in it- it also struggles to if i scoop it into a pile of soil try and curl the bucket up. My only thoughts are that perhaps the curl (not sure of the correct term) rams have an internal leak and perhaps can't hold the fluid in? The actual lift rams are fine and can easily lift the load which the bucket can't curl

This is my first loader tractor so not sure how powerful the scoop/curl of the bucket should be but surely shouldn't self-unload with only say 800kg in it when it can easily pick this weight up...

Thanks for your help

Its got 1 joystick so i assume not cable controlled, its a fairly modern set up 2006... In general its a very smooth loader but just doesn't seem to have the power or holding ability of the 2x rams which control the bucket curl.

just check if theres cables going into the v/b, if ones loose it wont let enough oil thru,

it may be a cable joystick or is it electric control

Its got 1 joystick so i assume not cable controlled, its a fairly modern set up 2006... In general its a very smooth loader but just doesn't seem to have the power or holding ability of the 2x rams which control the bucket curl.

Has you say it has 2 rams for bucket then its highly likely the control block stroke lever needs adjustment BUT should 1 ram have leak back then the other Ram will struggle .

Ste

Could be the valve spool block.

Try swaping the connections over so the lift curls & the curl lifts & see if the problem moves.

This is good advice. Break down the circuits into pieces and swop or remove to prove as Justme suggests. If you can beg borrow or steal a pressure gauge it might be useful to finally pinpoint the problem.

This is good advice. Break down the circuits into pieces and swop or remove to prove as Justme suggests. If you can beg borrow or steal a pressure gauge it might be useful to finally pinpoint the problem.

don't bother with a pressure gauge yet swap the hoses onto another service if possible to see if it transfers the fault. if it does then its the ram if you hold it in the fully crowded position then remove the opposite hose see if theres oil coming out or alternatively lower it right down onto a bit of wood to hold the bucket right back and blank the pressure side off lift it up and see if it still crowds over if it does the seals are goosed. check the hyd tank return filter for bits of seal