Stationary engine clutch/pto

aspenarb

this is how Greenmech started, just buying bits and bobs, then slapping it together

Or not..................

There is a ton if Turner engineering agricultural kit out there, they were making AG kit for many years before they started importing Ganadini chippers, before starting the greenmech brand and leaving Graham Satchwell (ex Turner employee) to go off with the Ganadi gig

nice recon Perkins to go with it

Perkins 4236 Recon Engine Jcb Fork Lift Massey Ferguson Tractor Dodge Boat | eBay

this is how Greenmech started, just buying bits and bobs, then slapping it together

That's the way I built my chipper.

I had a Wallenstein pto chipper and got a Lister hr 2 engine for free. We modified the pto shaft and fitted it to the crank on the Lister. (Shear bolt for safety). Mounted it all on an old trailer chassi that has been restored and reinforced.

Chipper and engine running at 1500 rpm 1:1 ratio.

It is a beast. Blink and the brush is gone :biggrin:

What on earth gives you the idea that that is how we started? That is fairly far from the truth! The Turner family had in manufacturing for some 30 years prior to starting GreenMech so they do know what they were doing!

Or not..................

There is a ton if Turner engineering agricultural kit out there, they were making AG kit for many years before they started importing Ganadini chippers, before starting the greenmech brand and leaving Graham Satchwell (ex Turner employee) to go off with the Ganadi gig

ok - interesting they were doing other ag engineering before chippers, wasn't trying to knock the company, jus playin. It was a silly attention seeking comment to make and I'm sorry.

Thanks for the apology. GreenMech/Turner Engineering built or looked at building various hege cutting flails, including pedestrian units, grass cutting equipment, four wheeler utility vehicles, small aircraft movers, disabled vehicles amongst other things for 30 years before concentrating on woodchippers in GreenMech. They have exported things worldwide and still do now with interests in Germany, France, Czech Republic, Malaysia, dealers that cover many different countries too! In fact, we are Europe's largest manufacturer of woodchippers.

We have always said that we are a customer lead company, in that, if you have an idea for a machine that will sell in enough numbers, we would look to building it! We see the factory in Alcester as a blacksmith shop which makes woodchippers at the moment. But it could be something else.

Another factory tour event is being considered for early next year for those who are interested.

That sounds like a bomb proof chipper!

Its a beast John, unfortunately not HS compliant so it needs mods . I will get round to eventually :001_rolleyes:. Its the only small chipper I have seen that can get the chip to hit the headboard of the bulker bin and fill it with no further shovelling , it needs the easysheet pulled over to stop chip hitting the back of the Foden :thumbup1:.

Bob

That's the way I built my chipper.

I had a Wallenstein pto chipper and got a Lister hr 2 engine for free. We modified the pto shaft and fitted it to the crank on the Lister. (Shear bolt for safety).

Chipper and engine running at 1500 rpm 1:1 ratio.

Shear bolt? So you dispensed with the idea of a clutch and the whole chipper disc has to turn when it's being started?