pto processor hire.

william petts

I was wondering if some of you could give some advice.

As I've mostly processed all of the wood we need for this winter and a lot for next I won't have much work for my dalen processor. I was just wondering if anyone on here has a pto processor and hires it out, and if so how? As it needs a tractor do you simply drive it hooked up to site? Problem I was thinking is that 1 time getting there, 2: it don't seem very safe especially as it's quite wide, and a lot of strain holding it up for a long journey.

Only other idea I had was deliver processor with a truck but then relying on customer to have a tractor and facilities to unload the machine. Sorry I've waffled on a bit but any advice would be grand!

Cheers.

We very rarely hire ours out because of the risk of damage but as long as you have a decent sized tractor on the front it's not too bad going out with it.

It depends what tractor you have but if you have a smaller tractor you might need a front weight,we usually use 120hp deutz for ours but even when we used the 180 once it was lifting the front wheels on hills because it's so far back.Also if you use a bigger tractor for contracting with it you might need a longer pto.

The other issue is, depending what you're used to, you won't have a log table or forklift with you when you go out and most people will expect you to cut wood that they've left with branches on and in random lengths which means you spend a lot of time with a chainsaw.

Well that's the current problem gdh, the tractor it's on is my international 674 which is 60hp, we have 2 other tractors, another 674 and a 80hp zetor (which currently the pro and hydraulics do not work on it). The other option I thought was if say farmers or current firewood suppliers wanted it they may already have a tractor so I would simply deliver processor on the back of a transit. It's all if and buts at the moment!

Other question is do you think there would be much call for it and what's the best for of advertisement?

This is how I move my processor about, drop it on the trailer, strap it down, hitch tractor back up , and on to the next job, works well for me, as I don't cover a massive area 👍[ATTACH]212479[/ATTACH][ATTACH]212480[/ATTACH]

I also had that idea in mind but down want to be getting a low loafing trailer just for this, and you couldn't use any other trailer apart from maybe a grab trailer that could lift the processor on and off and I suppose also load the processor ( if you reconnect the hydraulics after unhitching trailer

This is how I move my processor about, drop it on the trailer, strap it down, hitch tractor back up , and on to the next job, works well for me, as I don't cover a massive area 👍[ATTACH]212479[/ATTACH][ATTACH]212480[/ATTACH]

I also had that idea in mind but down want to be getting a low loafing trailer just for this, and you couldn't use any other trailer apart from maybe a grab trailer that could lift the processor on and off and I suppose also load the processor ( if you reconnect the hydraulics after unhitching trailer

• 2 weeks later...
The farmi processor folds up well to carry along the road on our MB tracs.

we only travel about 20-30miles max

Don't hire it out for customers to use themselves.

Tbh I was thinking the same thing about only hiring it out with myself as the operator but what if people want to save the money on my labour and use the machine themselves. On one hand I will be earning money with the machine instead of it sitting and I will earn double as I can do other work.

Downside it's more liable to be abused and damaged and worse be stolen.

Does anyone on here do processor hire and hire just the machine??