Before, during and after.

John Hancock

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cheers Guys, all credit goes to Matt, the new member of the team. He’s in temp digs at the moment, when he gets settled it’ll be nice to have him on the forum.

Reading between the lines I don’t think there is a subsidence issue here, more likely to be crappy foundations under the conservatory. It’s all too common for homeowners to label trees as the cause of all evil in the urban environment.

It’s a smashing tree and its not on its own (there are over 100 in this area). I’m looking foreword to starting some entrenchment work and trying to prolong the life of these beauties for a while longer. :001_smile:

It’s a smashing tree and its not on its own (there are over 100 in this area). I’m looking foreword to starting some entrenchment work and trying to prolong the life of these beauties for a while longer. :001_smile:

Superb work Fellas, very worthy of posting on itself :thumbup1:

Is the proposed works to the other Trees, part of a stratergy or more aspirational?

Looks like you've got a good one in Matt, John.

Keep him happy.

Reading between the lines I don’t think there is a subsidence issue here, more likely to be crappy foundations under the conservatory.

Exactly John.....

The Oak has been there a long time, if theres a problem with subsidence that is because the builders are cr@p

Conservatory / extensions subsiding is all too often blamed on nearby trees.. I had to take a lombardy down because of subsidence, it was a good 50ft away from the building.

I know for a fact thereis underlying rock and the builder just hadn't gone down far enough to reach it

Personally I think there should be alot more involvement from the arb officer when planning is given in close proximity to ancient, desirable, mature trees.

Too many times I have seen mature trees needlessly felled because someone has given permission to extent/build a property right within the root zone of tpo'd trees :thumbdown:

If there are mature trees then they should also be made to build decent foundations to prevent this type of thing happening in the future.