Husqvarna 357 XPG saw in need

Gemma

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ps I am a woman!

Good on you love, get it out in the open to clear up any confusion ( for Stubby mostly :thumbup: )

You could retro fit heated handles, but it would be expensive, generator/flywheel/top handle/rear heater pad/switch kit.

He might have the bits already if he tinkers and could fit them to a bitsa saw. The 375XP is still listed for sale but I can't see XPG models anywhere. World of power Buxton has them on list but none actually for sale.

I tried to comment this morning but phone froze up.

I have 357 and 346 in both versions heated and Unheated.

Like your dad I started with the 357. After reading favourable comments about the 346xp(g) on this forum I bought one, it's only slightly less powerful than 357. I had mine ported by spud on here. It now outperforms the 357 in such a way you get the job done quicker and less vibration exposure. The 357 will numb my hands in 3 hours of use. The 346 I can work all day.

If you r dad is in in east Yorks I'm quite happy for him to try them to compare. The husqvarna website used to have and may still have a vibration calculator chart which verifys what I've said.

What does he use them for?

I tried to comment this morning but phone froze up.

I have 357 and 346 in both versions heated and Unheated.

Like your dad I started with the 357. After reading favourable comments about the 346xp(g) on this forum I bought one, it's only slightly less powerful than 357. I had mine ported by spud on here. It now outperforms the 357 in such a way you get the job done quicker and less vibration exposure. The 357 will numb my hands in 3 hours of use. The 346 I can work all day.

If you r dad is in in east Yorks I'm quite happy for him to try them to compare. The husqvarna website used to have and may still have a vibration calculator chart which verifys what I've said.

What does he use them for?

Lots of sense by what goaty has said here. :thumbup1:

I was looking at buying either a 346 or 357 as my first saw.... unfortunately I couldn't find any decent ones for sale at the time so bought a new 550xpg instead.

If it were me (or if my 550xpg blows up) I'd buy a used 346xpg and send it straight to spud for a jolly good service and port tuning.

cheers, steve

Thank you for your help everyone. I will pass this onto my dad. Knowing my dad he will still insist on getting the 357 model... To answer someone's question he tree cuts all day so needs a reliable saw. He works alongside forwarder and does all tricky bits and tree surgery. He has so many old saws he repairs and he said he can't fix new ones. Thank you for the offer of looking at it. Dad is in the highlands of sunny Scotland.