Husqvarna T540xp mark 2 problems

Top Cat

As a late comer into this Arb lark I have heard lots of stories from my business partner about how much better and how much stronger the old ms200 is compared to my 540. In fact he's got one in mint condition. Sure enough it does fly through the cut but in the 12 months we been working together it's been in the truck broke for 11 months

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As a late comer into this Arb lark I have heard lots of stories from my business partner about how much better and how much stronger the old ms200 is compared to my 540. In fact he's got one in mint condition. Sure enough it does fly through the cut but in the 12 months we been working together it's been in the truck broke for 11 months

http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/chainsaws/85569-mythbusters-ms200t.html

My feelings on the debate.

ps the OP looks like he damaged the saw himself imo.

http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/chainsaws/85569-mythbusters-ms200t.html

My feelings on the debate.

ps the OP looks like he damaged the saw himself imo.

I know the damage on mine will be through abuse as it isn't part of the structure so so the only load placed on it is either being smacked on something or something smacking on it. And your feelings Mick I think we're spot on

Had my 540 for almost 2 years now and the AV Spring is just starting to go. Otherwise it's been faultless.

Are they made in China now?? (Under licence of course)

I must have happened upon a good one.....

We have had a mk1 for a couple of years. It's not had the use that most have but its still in perfect condition.

Most of the AV issues were the tie straps wearing through, usually the lower front one and the cracking of the grey plastic carriage that fits round the cylinder, this has been addressed with a new spring and carriage and was usually caused by dropping the saw on the strop!

And the fact that despite holding back the launch of the saw for two years to 'iron out' the problems, Huskie still managed to produce a poor quality product.

Good performer, but poor design in many areas.