How much are your logs

Dean Lofthouse

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did a delivery today where during the phone conversation for her to order the wood i was assured there was an area to tip off the load,

when i turned up there was a small pavement on a busy road, so i asked the lady where i could tip the load, she replied you can throw them all down the ally way.

i replied that will cost you an extra £20 for handling,

she said thats outrageous, why so much.

well, you told me i could tip and i cant, the handling will now make me late for the next customer and the rest of the day, i now have to work overtime and by the time i get home the kids will be in bed and i wont have seen them, so you can pay for that....... or i can leave now and go straight to the next customer.

outrageous she replies, that makes you the most expensive around.

yes love, but not the richest!

at that point i was quite happy to loose the sale and got my keys out to go when this happened.

well dont be hasty and go.... i'll just go and get some more money and we will both know for next time.

i charged her £15 in the end but it took 1/2 to shift the wood to where she wanted it

Blimey, I thought everyone was charging £70 this year. Thats what they are round my way this year including me, for delivery up to 12 miles. Or barrow bags for £20 a time.

i'm going up to that in dec ready the stupidly manic xmas rush

i know of others charging much more though

supply and demand

so most are charging 70quid a big bag. mmmm. i am doing a minimum order of 2 and in multiples of 2.

That £70 I am on about is for 1m3 not a builders bag. I wish i could get that much. The problem is that people don't know how much they are getting and think builders bags look big, even though they get over half as much again if they buy 1m3. Good luck to everyone selling in builders bags, if you can get it, take it.:thumbup1:

Mine are selling for £20 per barrow bag (0.2 cubic metres), which equates to £100 per cubic metre. But I deliver them to almost any part of the property as they are moved on a sack truck, easily tipped in to a shed or garage. Had one enquiry from a guy who lives in a terraced house, thought it was great that I could get them through the house and into the back yard, ordered 5 sacks straight away!