Ranger 2.5 4x4 gearbox 58 plate.

Daythe trees

Anybody got one? I may be in need of one as mines is err... Fecked! Happy to buy either a gearbox, complete drivetrain, or scrapper which has a gearbox. Pretty sure the Mazda is the same gearbox so would consider one of those.

Or alternatively one abused supercab ranger tipper for sale with a wonderful gearbox, provides hours of fun sweating to get gears as trucks are bearing down on you at roundabouts!

Not sure if this should be somewhere else on the forum, my apologies if it needs shifting.

Anybody got one? I may be in need of one as mines is err... Fecked! Happy to buy either a gearbox, complete drivetrain, or scrapper which has a gearbox. Pretty sure the Mazda is the same gearbox so would consider one of those.

Or alternatively one abused supercab ranger tipper for sale with a wonderful gearbox, provides hours of fun sweating to get gears as trucks are bearing down on you at roundabouts!

Not sure if this should be somewhere else on the forum, my apologies if it needs shifting.

I'll ask a mate of mine he's very good a getting hold of stuff like this.

Sound mate cheers, mine has to keep running until the high sides are put on the transit so not overly concerned about condition as it will be getting reconditioned before getting fitted. But would love to have one before the end of next week. I'm in South Yorkshire, can organise a courier or get someone to collect it if not too far away.

Sound mate cheers, mine has to keep running until the high sides are put on the transit so not overly concerned about condition as it will be getting reconditioned before getting fitted. But would love to have one before the end of next week. I'm in South Yorkshire, can organise a courier or get someone to collect it if not too far away.

I'm in Lincoln so not that far away presumably?

Lincoln is fine Richard, only a short trip down the road.

Pete who quoted that? I'd be delighted to get a recon box fitted for that price, may even consider driving it up to Teesside for that price.

Pretty sure it's not the selectors just because of how it feels and that it pops out of gear when under load. As it tows my tracked chipper it's nearly always under load!

I had serious problems with a 57 plate ranger, 1st and 5th would constantly kick out of gear. I took the transmission out and had it rebuilt for just over £700. The guy that rebuilt it said that particular model (i think 2005-11) are renowned for gearbox issues.