trading standards

timtree81

Was busy working today in a little place called neath near swansea,when up the drive walked four men,two police men and two from trading standards? Flashed there badges and asked for a word,of course i said,whats the problem?They explained that they were doing radom spot checks on tradesmen working in the area?Taking details etc...Anyone else had it happen to them ? I think its great hope they catch some crooks on there way!

Yep had it happen to me before I split the two companies. Just one trading standard guy and one copper. We were fixing a burst water main and had the drive up. They came over and had a chat with us and the householder, and went on there merry way with a business card.

Didn't think it was that productive though, surely the check should have been a lot more than it was, ie they were happy with a chat and a business card, something every rotten tradesman would probably have to hand. Would have been more beneficial if they'd rung inland revenue to check we were registered for tax etc.

R

i imagine if they ran into any of the worst type of tree worker they would run a mile,

Too right mate.

Lets face it, it wouldn't be too hard to catch rogue traders if they really wanted to, would it? They know where their sites are.

Another pointless waste of time IMO. Be good if they got serious though.

good theres tomany indians out there, people who know bugger all about our trade who think theres a fast buck to be made more of these random checks for those of us who are quallified have nothing to worry about..:thumbup: did your arse start twitching when you seen them coming up the drive...

i did when he flashed the badge,sist know what to make of it

had trading standards stop at a job i way on a few years ago. they'd checked who i was with there office by using the sign writing of the trailer before they came and spoke to me. guys were alright, i was working on the same road as i stay and the woman was my teacher at school (altho they never even asked her)

think it was just because there was a caravan club in town at that time :sneaky2:

id rather see TS around more often myself. iv nothing to hide:001_smile: