Great wall steed?

karl1991

Maybe they will still be rubbish maybe brilliant.

Resale is the wrong way to look at it IMO. I want the decent truck firstly.

And I doubt I'd buy a steed because I like the navara and I'll buy another when I get rid of this one.

I do think they will get them right in the end though

Resale is only the wrong way to look at it if you intend keeping it long term, if you intend keeping it you want long term reliability above everything else otherwise the cost of keeping it running needs to be factored into the purchase price. Also you'll want to be sure that whatever brand you choose will still be around long term.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all the discussion about pickups, how many of you actually need the 4 wheel drive?

I've got a new Citroen Relay coming next week with all options (150bhp, off road kit, long range fuel tank, doors both sides, heavy duty rear doors, type pressure monitoring, sat nav, cruise, reversing camera, air con, auto lights, auto wipers, electric folding mirrors, heat reflecting windscreen, led side lights, front and rear parking sensors, extra reversing lights and all road tyres).

It was £18,800 plus vat. They also tow a lot better than pickups and I can get a tracked chipper in the back of it.

Just a thought. I do think pickups are overrated.

I need 4wd to reverse trailers with diggers/grinders/tractors and get chippers closer to the tree. Carry oily leaky equipment in a "dirty space" i.e. the bed.

Pull back leaners on rough ground, pull stuck stuff out, the list goes on.

I don't get your point really.

I need 4wd to reverse trailers with diggers/grinders/tractors and get chippers closer to the tree. Carry oily leaky equipment in a "dirty space" i.e. the bed.

Agree 100% mick

Many times I've ragged hawthorn hedges out with a 4x4

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Arbtalk mobile app

Yeah but Mick is using his as a working vehicle, you implied that you wouldn't being using the Great Wall primarily as a working pick-up.

It is chinese made I know and only a 2.0l, but won't be doing major work at all, great spec, leather,electric etc etc and only around 17k?

You're putting form before function, price before quality.

Your money, your choice.

Fair enough. I just think vans are more versatile. I found owning a pickup to be generally unsatisfactory. Crap for towing (overhand too long at back, too bouncy, as well as crap for maneuvering as 1st gear and reverse way too high), cramped in the cabin (whether a passenger or driver) and small load bed. Bad on fuel, expensive to buy and not as robust as they ought to be.

I am in no doubt that for many a pick up makes more sense, but for many others a van is a good option. The LWB Relay at mid spec is £16k plus VAT, so a lot cheaper than a pickup. With 30,000 mile service intervals and 35mpg, the running costs are lower too.

Just food for thought.