• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hang on there Steve, if they are claiming that they are new & improved then I for one will give them the benefit of the doubt. Imagine how much grief the manufacturers must have had on the mk1's so something HAD to change.

Fair point.

I think I was a bit harsh; had a headache when I wrote that; been winching timber on a slope all day; down on my caffeine levels.

Ten cups of tea later and all is fine again. :thumbup:

cheers, steve

The chains now seem far better than when they first came out, and for the money I think they're great. They come real sharp and are now easy to sharpen unlike the old type. I had one of the older ones, hit a lump of metal and some teeth came off, but even though I was honest and told them what happened, they still replaced it, and that ones been sound 👍 I think the chains, and the shop, offer a good service.

The chains now seem far better than when they first came out, and for the money I think they're great. They come real sharp and are now easy to sharpen unlike the old type. I had one of the older ones, hit a lump of metal and some teeth came off, but even though I was honest and told them what happened, they still replaced it, and that ones been sound [emoji106] I think the chains, and the shop, offer a good service.

I'll give them a go if they have changed in quality. Bought some efco branded chains last week from chainsdirect via eBay as had 5 on auction at £20 for my t540! Haven't used one yet but £4 a chain you can't go wrong!

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

I've used a couple of these and they've been alright.

I've also used 'Archer' and 'Ozaki' and they are of similar quality.

All just cheap Chinese chains at similar price-points. I am sceptical about Northern Arb Supplies' ability to dictate quality to a (presumably) large generic Chinese chain manufacturer and so presume that actually these chains are all much of a muchness (which is my experience in use).

I might be wrong, but the idea of NAS ringing up Mr Acme Chains China and insisting that the alloy is tweaked for the next batch seems bogus. I would imagine that Acme Chains China produces generic chain for 1000s of customers, and down the road Acme Plastic Packaging China produces 1000s of differently branded chain bags wherein the generic chain can reside.

In Turkmenistan there's probably a guy trying to convince local cutters that he's been on the phone to China, and the next batch of SUPER USA SHARP CHAIN will be better. Ol' Billy Hooper at Hooper's Saw Shack is also probably swearing that Saw Shack Chain Hoops are bespoke made to his exacting specifications...

I could be completely wrong, obvs. I often am.

I just received the quarter pitch chain to use on the ms150. Will post my honest thoughts once I have a chance to use it. I think it will be a good test for the brand...the smaller the chain the more suceptible to damage I would imagine,

Never realised they did a 1/4 .043 chain!

Keep an eye on how it goes round the nose sprocket of what I assumme is the Stihl mini bar - Stihl were shrewd with this chain - the drive links are subtlely different than most other chains from my info.

You may find an aftermarket chain does not properly mesh with the nose sprocket.

right I'm going for the plunge and going to order a few chains to try out as been using other cheap chains and have had 4 snap in about 3 months and one of them was today and was only on the saw for 2 days. So will report back on how these go See if i can get a freebie of some sort by mention arbtalk lol

Never realised they did a 1/4 .043 chain!

Keep an eye on how it goes round the nose sprocket of what I assumme is the Stihl mini bar - Stihl were shrewd with this chain - the drive links are subtlely different than most other chains from my info.

You may find an aftermarket chain does not properly mesh with the nose sprocket.

Thanks for the heads up Rob, I will keep an eye on that :thumbup1:

can i ask why are them at least the vat cheaper on ebay for for ms211 16 inch 3/8LP .050 gauge and 55DL are £10.87 for a pack of 2 and on the northern arb supplies website £11 plus vat = £13.20 here is the proof GENUINE ROTATECH CHAINSAW SAW CHAIN *PACK OF 2 CHAINS* FITS STIHL MS211 16" BAR | eBay

northern arb ebay vs northern arb website price and there the same company Genuine Rotatech Chains To Fit Stihl Chainsaws and its not just this chain its others too

Hi SteveA,

I hope your headache has improved. We receive constant good feedback. Already this morning a customer called just to say how happy they are with the chain. He said it ''cuts like a hot knife through butter''.

We are so confident about the quality of our chains that we offer a 100% money-back guarantee.

We take pride in the brand and are always working to make the chains better. There has been a lot of changes in the last year. We will continue to tweek them as any company that takes pride in a product does.

For instance they now have: Chrome plated cutters, anti-vibration profile, oil carry holes, and oil reservoir tie links.

Trust me, your chainsaw will love them and you will love using them. :)

Edited by Northernarbsupplies