A most testing day!

Dillinger86

It's unreal the behaviour of some people.. As far as i'm aware you can't film people or take photos. Whenever people give me hard time over taking trees down i'm quick to tell them that i've planted more trees than they've had hot dinners!!!

Not true, I'm afraid. In a public place, anybody can take pictures or film. On private property, it's not quite so straightforward. AFAIK, then it comes down to how visible somebody is from outside the property. :001_smile:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not true, I'm afraid. In a public place, anybody can take pictures or film. On private property, it's not quite so straightforward. AFAIK, then it comes down to how visible somebody is from outside the property. :001_smile:

So am I wrong in taking pics of my next door neighbour sunbathing naked in her enclosed back garden? :biggrin:

Bin tryin to think what I'd do if it was me havin to put up with an empty head like this neighbor..

An it seems to me its all about context, how aggressive the fella was.. if he looked harmless and was just being a dick I'd tell him to mind his own business and crack on with the day..

If he looked mean an nasty an was looking for trouble, I'd more than likely do the escalating myself by laughing in his face..

No one likes that..

He'd have two choices to make after that, either raise the bar or walk away with his tail between his legs..

Then again not everyones the same and its always better to put up with a nutter like that than provoke the idiot into doin somethin stupid...

So listening to the fella then ignoring him thereafter would seem to best thing to do in most cases..

You can always take comfort from knowing somewhere along the line this fella has already been beaten to a pulp or is soon likely to get a hiding anyways..

They attract trouble these types.. and trouble has a habit of finding them out..

It might be better if you waited until after she turns 16 Gary! :blushing:

Don't judge me by your own morals:001_tongue:

In so, so many ways. :biggrin:

I asked for (and expected) that reply, didn't I?:biggrin:

Put them up Gary so I can form an opinion.

PM you address and I'll send them in a plain brown envelope:biggrin:

There's getting to be far too much frivolity in this forum. So is it legal to take photos of activities in non-public places? I.e, someone trespassing into a clients back garden or a neighbour photographing over the back garden fence?

Don't judge me by your own morals:001_tongue:

I asked for (and expected) that reply, didn't I?:biggrin:

PM you address and I'll send them in a plain brown envelope:biggrin:

There's getting to be far too much frivolity in this forum. So is it legal to take photos of activities in non-public places? I.e, someone trespassing into a clients back garden or a neighbour photographing over the back garden fence?

My take on it is that if somebody is on their own property but clearly and easily visible from public land then it would be legal for them to be photgraphed eg being 'door-stepped'. If taking the photos involved scaling a fence or trespass then the photographer would (and should) be in the brown and smelly. As I said, just my take and I couldn't cite case law to support it. My guess is that it would fall under the HRA article concerning right to privacy etc. :001_smile:

My take on it is that if somebody is on their own property but clearly and easily visible from public land then it would be legal for them to be photgraphed eg being 'door-stepped'. If taking the photos involved scaling a fence or trespass then the photographer would (and should) be in the brown and smelly. As I said, just my take and I couldn't cite case law to support it. My guess is that it would fall under the HRA article concerning right to privacy etc. :001_smile:

Pretty much mine, what's publically visible is fair game. Google Earth do it all the time.

I think what is less clear cut is the interested (read nosy) next door neighbour taking photos from the bedroom window of the clients back garden. I can't see how that can be right. Then again, does the legality change if the purpose is to gather evidence of an illegal act or activity?

Not too bothered about the answer but something I've wondered about from time to time.