Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

8 hours ago, tree-fancier123 said:

they are on about glacial meltwater, so I guess taking it from specific places before it mixes up with too much seawater

It is a good idea to help get through a drought - I remember '76 that was bad enough and now there are probably a third more homes in the UK to supply. There was a worse drought before my time in the 60's, a few elderly people have told me about having to queue for water at standpipes.

It seems to me utter madness for the politicians to allow the UK population to keep growing through immigration - no one can predict the long term weather - if it gets really dry here it will be all build windmills and solar just to power desalination plants.

Sicily in July this year - worst drought they've had for ages

All the glaciers I have seen here are pretty far from the coast.

My bet is that they will tap in down stream from a hydro electric dam since the infrastructure is there from the dam building ?

True some of the water would originate from a glacier/ snow melt but probably 99% would be rainwater.

I spoke to a client a few years back who mentioned this,it's not a new idea.

3 hours ago, Mike Hill said:

All the glaciers I have seen here are pretty far from the coast.

My bet is that they will tap in down stream from a hydro electric dam since the infrastructure is there from the dam building ?

True some of the water would originate from a glacier/ snow melt but probably 99% would be rainwater.

I spoke to a client a few years back who mentioned this,it's not a new idea.

Seems like the Norwegians are more than happy to profit from the insane policies and actions of  incompetent politicians in the UK. You just have to look at the two different attitudes to North Sea oil and gas for starters. We have a man supposed to be in charge of our countries future  energy needs and security who couldn’t even make a good go of eating a bacon sandwich a few years ago. Looks like he’s hurrying to finish that to get back on his sunshine coach. 

IMG_0788.png

IMG_0787.png

Edited by Johnsond

"Daily Starmer"! Though of course the current state of the infrastructure in the UK, many years of decline, has had nothing to do with Starmer or Milliband, but the right of centre politicians who sold off the water companies and didn't push to get the required investment invested.

More interestingly back to glaciers. They might be 99% rainwater (snow water anyway) but also exposed to any air pollution before it melts, snow often forms around a nucleus (pollution) which falls to the glacier and so on. So while not salt water will still need processing. Desalination plants might work but I don't know if it is more energy efficient to drive a tanker thousands of miles or run one of them. Probably tanker.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steven P said:

"Daily Starmer"! Though of course the current state of the infrastructure in the UK, many years of decline, has had nothing to do with Starmer or Milliband, but the right of centre politicians who sold off the water companies and didn't push to get the required investment invested.

More interestingly back to glaciers. They might be 99% rainwater (snow water anyway) but also exposed to any air pollution before it melts, snow often forms around a nucleus (pollution) which falls to the glacier and so on. So while not salt water will still need processing. Desalination plants might work but I don't know if it is more energy efficient to drive a tanker thousands of miles or run one of them. Probably tanker.

Nothing to do with Starmer today SP regardless of how hard you try. The point is they have put an incompetent fool in charge of our energy security and supply. A fool who will cause untold damage. Quick question have you ever liven anywhere that relies on desal for its primary water supply. 
I must admit seeing as you desperately push the far right ist and ish accusations I’m rather suprised you ain’t grasped at the  “ Der Sturmer” label 👍

Edited by Johnsond

WWW.LINKEDIN.COM

What message does this send out??? Should bring back the death penalty and be done with it.😡

😞🤷‍♂️
As long as the scum stays in Ghana it’s somewhat bearable. 

Edited by Johnsond

They all make me sick tbh Mike.

Utter scum only intent on lining their own pockets, and those of their cronies.

Labour have proved they’re just a different shade of Tory in record time.

And I thought it couldn’t get any worse than those shitehawks.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Mark Bolam said:

They all make me sick tbh Mike.

Utter scum only intent on lining their own pockets, and those of their cronies.

Labour have proved they’re just a different shade of Tory in record time.

And I thought it couldn’t get any worse than those shitehawks.

Same shitehawks only with less ability and in many cases a hatred of our own country and culture. 

• Like 3