Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

19 minutes ago, Mark J said:

Admitting your mistakes and owning your own feck ups is, to my mind a show of strength of character; everyone makes mistakes. For me personally, it's how someone deals with those mistakes and moves on that matters, everyone is different, but if it looks like an elected politician is a lying shitehawk or a commie spy, I'd like to know about it. 

Maybe that’s where we are different then Mark as I’ve no interest in what stupid mistakes or errors of judgment people made in their private life many many years ago. As long as it doesn’t effect their ability to do the job or it isn’t  illegal  I’m not bothered. Good to see the scope of this chat is expanding 👍👍I’m on 1800-0600 so normally a long night but seems you and Dempsey are bored too👍👍

Edited by Johnsond

7 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Pretty sure it should be ‘who in their right mind’ I’m not a grammar Nazi but you keep writing whom and it grates.

All you’re doing is repeating yourself, I’m countering your point, saying lots of people (not you thankfully) want to be Prime Minister.

I don’t recall, Maggie, Blair, Brown, Cameron or May being subjected to many personal or family attacks making their job unbearable.

You are butt-hurt because your boy got kicked out on his rear, deservedly so, by his own party.

Now you’re blaming the press, and in a way you’re right.

Like Tommy Docherty said ‘The press got me the sack from Manchester United, they kept printing the results’

Lol 😂 easy Dempsey your bitchiness is showing itself eh. Well if it grates how I write then man up and take it. I’m not in anyway hurt or blaming the press you’ve just created that in a little thumb whirring text frenzy. My initial reaction to Marks post was pretty much alluding or even agreeing to the lack of current talent but also commenting “whom “ ( suck it up sweet cheeks) in their right mind etc etc etc the rest of your post you’ve pretty much let your shit and sugar complex regards myself get the better of you. 
Go back and check some of the headlines regarding the previous occupants of number 10 to see how kind the press weren’t!!. 

6 minutes ago, Mark J said:

'Private life' errors can and do affect the professional capacity of a person. I'm sure you know that.

You're never going to be a deer stalker if you've been jailed for armed robbery.

As mentioned previously Mark as long as it isn’t illegal 

Well if you are waiting for a squeaky clean holier than thou politician to come along with zero history or character flaws to occupy 10 Downing st then good luck. 
You have more chance of finding a virgin bride up the big market on a weekend. 

14 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

As mentioned previously Mark as long as it isn’t illegal 

Like lying to the queen or breaking legislation during covid illegal? Or just historical illegality of the wrong kind? 

Edited by Mark J

1 minute ago, Mark J said:

Like lying to the queen or breaking legislation during covid illegal?

Ok are we now back to Boris, “ he’s out now isnt he .” I thought it was about whom (😂) would want the job not whom (😂) used to have it, now if you want a totally different level of bullshit stupidity to chat about I’ll easy swap to covid legislation and killing granny etc 

I didn’t realise you were a royalist nowadays. 

45 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

Ok are we now back to Boris, “ he’s out now isnt he .” I thought it was about whom (😂) would want the job not whom (😂) used to have it, now if you want a totally different level of bullshit stupidity to chat about I’ll easy swap to covid legislation and killing granny etc 

I didn’t realise you were a royalist nowadays. 

Aye, It's actually "who", I know that you don't get the nuance so go with the 'catch all', fair enough, I can't be arsed teaching English for free.

Ha, Liz Truss, when she was a Lib Dem wanted to abolish the monarchy, I wonder if she mentioned that to her maj today.

What made you think I wasn't a fan of the paedophiliac ridden family that are the royals?

Edited by Mark J

33 minutes ago, Mark J said:

Aye, It's actually 'who", I know that you don't get the nuance so go with the 'catch all', fair enough, I can't be arsed teaching English for free.

Ha, Liz Truss, when she was a Lib Dem wanted to abolish the monarchy, I wonder if she mentioned that to her maj today.

What made you think I wasn't a fan of the paedophiliac ridden family that are the royals?

Lol 😌👍result eh you and Dempsey both biting now eh the queens of grammar, and I’m ok for English tuition eh, You are scraping the barrel a bit Mark. Exactly as I said earlier whom or who ( I’ll let you bitches grind your teeth) would want the job, as  you’ve just pointed out your every past word is scrutinised ie Truss and the Monarchy comment that you’ve just made. 

3 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

Lol 😌👍result eh you and Dempsey both biting now eh the queens of grammar, and I’m ok for English tuition eh, You are scraping the barrel a bit Mark. Exactly as I said earlier whom or who ( I’ll let you bitches grind your teeth) would want the job, as  you’ve just pointed out your every past word is scrutinised ie Truss and the Monarchy comment that you’ve just made. 

Do you think it's a bad thing for our "elected" politicians to be held to account - Liz Truss got 47% of the vote of the tory membership, that's not a lot of support in real terms. If you don't want the scrutiny then perhaps having a shady past where you'll say whatever makes you the most popular person in the room should render you incapable of being an MP.