Stove size

Ashes_Firewood

All I can say is get a stove with a long firebox. Short stoves are a PITA and cutting firewood short doubly so. My stove takes 68cm but everything is cut at about 50cm as that's the longest the processor will do. Total time to process 28 cube - 4 hours. Cut at 25cm would also double the wastage (with sawdust).

There are lower output, long stoves available. A friend of mine has the 7kw Lightning from the Champion Stove Company. Cheap, British made and reliable. Also takes a 50cm log.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Easier to stack longer logs too.

I've done all my own logs already for next winter for this stove that I haven't got yet! Cut them at 250mm as that's the length I cut all the ones I sell plus we didn't know what house or stove we'd be buying when I was doing them back in December.

The 200 & 700 Esses will accept in the region of 400mm long logs so I can do them around that length next time

All I can say is get a stove with a long firebox. Short stoves are a PITA and cutting firewood short doubly so. My stove takes 68cm but everything is cut at about 50cm as that's the longest the processor will do. Total time to process 28 cube - 4 hours. Cut at 25cm would also double the wastage (with sawdust).

There are lower output, long stoves available. A friend of mine has the 7kw Lightning from the Champion Stove Company. Cheap, British made and reliable. Also takes a 50cm log.

Champion Stove Company

rather than

Champion Stoves

I assume?

Champion Stove Company

rather than

Champion Stoves

I assume?

Correct!

Martin Champion is a top bloke and builds very good quality stoves. The Dominator range (all his stoves are named after classic British motorbikes) is because I asked if he could build a larger stove. I have the 700mm version of it (circa 20kw - heats most of the house).