Schultz climbing video

RC0

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watching this now was a bit sceptical at first because I hate spending money and didn't think I'd get much out of it but the blokes great both with his own ideas and explaining other people's. Well worth a watch weather you've been doing srt for 5 minutes or 5 years

Well I pitched in a bought it last night.

I have been climbing SRT for quite a while now but don't claim to know it all. If I pick up a few snippets then it's all good.

I think more importantly it is good to support projects like this. 40$ is Jack **** in the grander scheme of things. But if a thousand people buy then you do the maths.

It must have taken a large chunk of Lawrence's life... The way I see it I have just donated 40$ for him to get a bit back and it shows appreciation of his patience and hard work.

I've bought it and watched most of it, some really clever ideas in there. One to watch over a few times to select what's really the best.

What I really like about it is he's fairly straight up that SRT is the dog's danglies for every situation, and explains when it is good.

Well worth the $40

To say it's the best in every situation is wrong.

Say you've got a standard 40' birch takedown with targets?

Spike up, removing limbs as you go.

Knock/rig top off.

Descend while chogging.

SRT offers no benefit whatsoever.

It's knowing what system to use on any given job will make you a better climber mate.

Don't think I'm knocking SRT at all, I use it whenever I can and think it's the best thing that's happened to the industry since I started 90 years ago.

To say it's the best in every situation is wrong.

Say you've got a standard 40' birch takedown with targets?

Spike up, removing limbs as you go.

Knock/rig top off.

Descend while chogging.

SRT offers no benefit whatsoever.

It's knowing what system to use on any given job will make you a better climber mate.

Don't think I'm knocking SRT at all, I use it whenever I can and think it's the best thing that's happened to the industry since I started 90 years ago.

I hear you but don't agree. In the birch example. When you are defending on a pole tie a running bowline and long tail. You can then decend to the next cutting point or just flip them both down.

That way you always have a bail out option of things go sticky. You can do this of course with ddrt but I find it easier than faffing with a cambium saver.