Akimbo

I've got mine set on minimum gap on the top and maximum gap at the bottom on Kernmaster. Seems to work but may be unfair to compare to the RR that I used all the time. I think with more playtime it will be a very good device.

Is that wet rope too? Or damp at least.

Mine was lovely, a week or so ago on a nice cold crisp dry day.

Funnily enough, it's just been mentioned on the akimbo Facebook thing about it not liking wet sappy rope. It seems we've worked that one out a bit quicker in the UK weather, haha.

Man, it just sucks the problems that you guys are experiencing. I would love to offer a counter point, but in truth I have not been able to assess this newest Akimbo in the field. Winter here has been rough plus I am recouping from a knee injury.

I have not had the problems described with the prototype I was using last year. Even when wet it worked well. Not as good as dry but no real problems. For me it works best on mid-range ropes like Tachyon. Velocity and Vortex didn't work for me.

The only big differences in this new one is the upper spring cam and the anodizing. I am going to take a wild guess here as I have no proof but anodizing on friction points has a track record of being a problem, especially when things are wet. Enough so that I have already removed it from the contact areas on mine.

Do the ones having problems still have anodizing on the contact surfaces or has it worn off?

IMG_0440-1.jpg.aa503cddd9b979fb58a763d2991fe78f.jpg

IMG_0439-1.jpg.7af1159b98e26d62c5aeb42a14da1c15.jpg

I've also had a much better time on it today.

Cougar blue (definitely better than orange) was really good after a few tweaks. That's on almost new and dry rope.

Velocity was rubbish. It is quite old though. Just bites too hard so it's to hard to release. A few tweaks and it was no better.

My anodising has come off a bit but not like in your photo.

Edited by T14EES T14UNK

Man, it just sucks the problems that you guys are experiencing. I would love to offer a counter point, but in truth I have not been able to assess this newest Akimbo in the field. Winter here has been rough plus I am recouping from a knee injury.

I have not had the problems described with the prototype I was using last year. Even when wet it worked well. Not as good as dry but no real problems. For me it works best on mid-range ropes like Tachyon. Velocity and Vortex didn't work for me.

The only big differences in this new one is the upper spring cam and the anodizing. I am going to take a wild guess here as I have no proof but anodizing on friction points has a track record of being a problem, especially when things are wet. Enough so that I have already removed it from the contact areas on mine.

Do the ones having problems still have anodizing on the contact surfaces or has it worn off?

Vortex? There is no hope in hell i'd get my Vortex in the Akimbo.