Table sized slabs

treee

Hello chaps,

I'm hoping you guys can point me in the right direction for people selling 80 cm wide + slabs to make a table top out of.

I'm aware what I'm after is something with character/ waney edge but other than that I know very little about wood/ where to purchase other than the few guys I've seen online.

Walnut would be awesome but seeing th online prices might be out of budget Elm/ oak would be great, something with a lot of character

If anyone could give me any guidance it would be massively appreciated.

Thanks in advance! :001_smile:

well it may not be exactly what you want but i have a few bits of natural edge mahogany at 1m wide if you are interested.

I have a large, rather plain horse chestnut log in the yard. £7/cubic foot for the whole log would give you a lot of tables for not much money. The log is about 3.5m long, just over a metre in diameter if memory serves.

I have plenty of oak ash

Elm and walnut near milton keynes. But to be honest clive ( delabodge on here) is near Reading and might be a better bet for the pair of you if he has what you need. Big J in Scotland also ships alot of nice timber by the pallet.

Can you clear you inbox bud, trying to PM you :)