Who to get in contact for poor tree work?

james92

I came across some poor quality tree work on a large beech in Colchester, I was assuming there must of been tpo and had to of dealt with the council. I'm struggling to find out who to get in contact with or even if I should?21mrdpl.jpg

I wouldn't waste your time and or energy fella....all to common now to see that kind of work...just be greatful you don't work to that kind of standard....also that kind of work isn't always carried out by the type of people you mite think...if you know what I mean.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't waste your time and or energy fella....all to common now to see that kind of work...just be greatful you don't work to that kind of standard....also that kind of work isn't always carried out by the type of people you mite think...if you know what I mean.

I have previously done trees through councils and some of the officers can be so anal even to the point of getting called back to trim a few bits of epicormic, just shocked they let this slide. (unless like the other poster mentioned it does not have a tpo)

I have previously done trees through councils and some of the officers can be so anal even to the point of getting called back to trim a few bits of epicormic, just shocked they let this slide. (unless like the other poster mentioned it does not have a tpo)

When you've been around long enough you see this type of wrork now and again...and often it's hard to see how or why it's been allowed to happen...but there is always a good reason....either it has got a TPO on it and the owner of the house has no idea what one is anyway and has a go himself(yes it does happen) especially if they have had a price and just thought sod it I'll do it myself.

Or it has a TPO on it and again he doesn't give a crap anyway and he's got his mate to do it or again done it himself...you just don't know what the sinario is..if it's bothering you that much just knock on the owners door and ask who did it.

I came across some poor quality tree work on a large beech in Colchester, I was assuming there must of been tpo and had to of dealt with the council. I'm struggling to find out who to get in contact with or even if I should?21mrdpl.jpg

if it bothers you that much why dont you go & sort it , as its not yr job why the concernm ??.just make sure yr work is abouve reproche :biggrin:

if it bothers you that much why dont you go & sort it , as its not yr job why the concernm ??.just make sure yr work is abouve reproche :biggrin:

I think after driving past it every day it got to me. Probably more concern than its worth. But your right, in the future I'll quietly just slag off poor tree work to the Mrs.

I think after driving past it every day it got to me. Probably more concern than its worth. But your right, in the future I'll quietly just slag off poor tree work to the Mrs.

There's nothing to stop you identifying a tree that you think is worthy of consideration for TPO to the LA. No good in this instance but worth a thought for the future.

I think there are 2 deficiencies in the application of current TPO regulations, (1) existing TPOs are not (generally) being periodically reviewed by LAs and (2) not enough people are proposing potential trees for consideration.

Worth a thought now you have access to the online mapping tool...

No good worrying about that which has already happened unless you take some measure to avoid future recurrence.