Positive inertia chainbrake

Solid dampening system

Low anti vibe

Bar and chain options

15" or 18" .325 058 OEM dolmar or sugihara

15" or 18" 3/8 058 OEM dolmar or sugihara

price with dolmar factory bar and chain £409+vat

:thumbup::thumbup:

If the Dolmar was easier to order around the time I bought my 550xpg - pretty sure I would have bought one of those instead.

If my memory serves right I think there's a heated handle version too?

Also, would there be a full UK warranty now?.... because I think that was part of the reason I didn't get one.

cheers, steve

The equivilant saw to the husqvarna 550xP is the PS-5105C

Engine size 50cc

Power. 2.8kw

Weight 5.4kg

Touch and stop kill switch

Easy start recoil system

Inboard clutch

Side chain tensioner

Positive inertia chainbrake

Solid dampening system

Low anti vibe

Bar and chain options

15" or 18" .325 058 OEM dolmar or sugihara

15" or 18" 3/8 058 OEM dolmar or sugihara

price with dolmar factory bar and chain £409+vat

:thumbup::thumbup:

I was thinking of one of these and sending it straight to Spud to breathe on.

I've got one of the very first, late 2011, ones and it's been fine on the whole.

It got used a lot early on, mainly in mixed thinnings, but some scrub clearing and a bit of mixed groundying.

In the woods is where it shines - handles like a 242 but cuts more like a 357.

It's never needed any work and other than occasionally acting like it's flooded after refuelling, been faultless. The flooding is supposedly solved by fitting an upgraded tank breather kit (which I have) but it never bothered me enough to fit it.

It's not been used a lot lately but only because I've been using supplied saws more so it could be going on arbtrader shortly.

Hi Chris, where did you get the upgraded tank breather?

Had one of the first 550's too. Outrageous cutting on a 13" . Fast pick up when snedding up. Light and very flickable. Hot starting issues and brake bands. Then it died. Present one has been going nearly 2 years now. No worries hot starting. Brake band has not gone since fitting the updated version. Great in softwoods and thinner hardwoods. 15" day to day, 13" if working on pine stands, 18" up the tree for lightweight blocking down if the 560 isn't in the truck.

I've considered the 50cc Dolmar, as the 9010 is sturdy and going well, but the half kilo makes a difference by the end of the day if it's the only saw you're using and the cutting is pretty relentless.

That being said, I'll add the Dolmar to the stable eventually, it's only a matter of time.

Had one of the first 550's too. Outrageous cutting on a 13" . Fast pick up when snedding up. Light and very flickable. Hot starting issues and brake bands. Then it died. Present one has been going nearly 2 years now. No worries hot starting. Brake band has not gone since fitting the updated version. Great in softwoods and thinner hardwoods. 15" day to day, 13" if working on pine stands, 18" up the tree for lightweight blocking down if the 560 isn't in the truck.

I've considered the 50cc Dolmar, as the 9010 is sturdy and going well, but the half kilo makes a difference by the end of the day if it's the only saw you're using and the cutting is pretty relentless.

That being said, I'll add the Dolmar to the stable eventually, it's only a matter of time.

That 0.5 Kg will just make you stronger. It's like chainsaws for Alpinists!

I used to use a 460 all day instead of a 5105; less bending over with a longer bar, more firepower = more work done, less backache.

If the Dolmar was easier to order around the time I bought my 550xpg - pretty sure I would have bought one of those instead.

If my memory serves right I think there's a heated handle version too?

Also, would there be a full UK warranty now?.... because I think that was part of the reason I didn't get one.

cheers, steve

Steve

yes there is a heated handle version , and a non easy start narrow starter version as well

Things are different now it's much easier to get any product now I can get any dolmar product from a axe up too a PTO saw-bench

Every dolmar OPE comes with full warranty and I give full support during amd warranty :001_cool::thumbup:

That 0.5 Kg will just make you stronger. It's like chainsaws for Alpinists!

I used to use a 460 all day instead of a 5105; less bending over with a longer bar, more firepower = more work done, less backache.

Somebody might think 0.5kg is a bit conservative :lol::lol: