Application for a licence£257

Issue of a licence £401

Continuation of a licence after 5 years£401

Issue of an interim licence£68

6 weekly checks 110£ + vat

My truck tax for my daf is £200 per year lf45 11tonner

Insurance was £950 fully comp no no claims through trust

It guzzles diesel

Needs a big airhorn which i understand is compulsory if you want to look cool there £180

Was going to start a what airhorn thread but resisted

Also sorry for jumping gun earlier

Xxx

Thought it was 12 weekly inspection on a restricted? My garage told me 60 quid a time.

You can do them yourself you know.

O license application through a consultant around £1k

Driver training to C+E ( more than you need, but may as well) £2200

Insurance is cheap if part of a fleet but dear if insured individually for a new driver.

10 week inspections are typically 2 hours labour if done by mobile fitter at your yard.

General day to day running costs won't change much, and may even decrease long term as you won't be wrecking clutches, flywheels and springs etc like on a little truck. It will consume more diesel per mile but you'll do far less miles as you won't need to tip as often so cheaper overall on fuel IME, my lorry usually only gets filled once a month.

Needs a big airhorn which i understand is compulsory if you want to look cool there £180

Was going to start a what airhorn thread but resisted

Xxx

Air horn is mandatory in the cool factor, I was gifted one from a customer who had worked on the rails, intercity air horns are proper respectable :thumbup:

Thought it was 12 weekly inspection on a restricted? My garage told me 60 quid a time.

You can do them yourself you know.

You can agree whatever inspection intervals you want up to 13 weeks, however I was advised to apply for my o license with 10 week intervals to avoid causing any hassle, then apply to stretch them out after a year or so once I can prove how little mileage the lorry is doing.

You can agree whatever inspection intervals you want up to 13 weeks, however I was advised to apply for my o license with 10 week intervals to avoid causing any hassle, then apply to stretch them out after a year or so once I can prove how little mileage the lorry is doing.

Cool thanks, the truck it's replacing did 4.5k last year.

They do like to see shorter intervals on stuff like tippers, going on sites is a hard life for a predominantly tarmac dwelling truck

They do like to see shorter intervals on stuff like tippers, going on sites is a hard life for a predominantly tarmac dwelling truck

That is understandable, for standard tippers, my neighbours 8 wheelers seem to have at least a puncture a week between them.