Rugged phones, any good??.....

SteveA

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have use one of these. Or very similar from the same brand.

Loud ringer, you can hear it over machinery. Rugged and lasts about a week if you don't use it too much.

Sonim Technologies Inc. | Rugged Smartphones, LTE Smartphones, Critical Communication Solutions

The Sonim looks great but is alotta £wedge.

I've kind of got it down to either a CAT B100 or a RugGear RG100.... kind of leaning towards the RugGear because the torch looks great and it has alotta battery power: RugGearUK, Makers of the toughest mobile devices, RG100

It's a touch over £100...

image.png.a0fb06af1ba7ac82441ceb35163af4e6.png

Worth it??

cheers, Steve

Okay - so I kind of popped out to buy a couple of pizzas from Aldi and noticed this in a locked glass cabinet.... I asked a member of staff to find the keys to the locked display cabinet.

Too much of a bargain not to be missed, and it was the last one they had in stock, at about £40, (£45 inc two pizzas, grapes and a tub of milk).

So now I have an Aldi Workzone phone to match my Lidl Florabest strimmer; darn I love the aisle of dreams!!

cheers, Steve

image.jpg.23d6e2fe2096634f881f698f606a6aea.jpg

Speaker on the Aldi rugged phone packed in after a week :huh:

Got a replacement one so will see how that goes. After a week of no charge, it's still showing a full battery! :thumbup1:

ah, in that case I'll keep my receipt and packaging. :001_huh:

Been trying to get it to connect to the internet at home.... it's confusing, bout to pour another red wine (also pirchased at Aldi).

cheers, steve

Okay - so I kind of popped out to buy a couple of pizzas from Aldi and noticed this in a locked glass cabinet.... I asked a member of staff to find the keys to the locked display cabinet.

Too much of a bargain not to be missed, and it was the last one they had in stock, at about £40, (£45 inc two pizzas, grapes and a tub of milk).

So now I have an Aldi Workzone phone to match my Lidl Florabest strimmer; darn I love the aisle of dreams!!

cheers, Steve

[ATTACH]202854[/ATTACH]

I had one for over two years. Survived the first 19 months of my daughters existence as a chew toy/throwing toy. Excellent phone but retired for a tough smart phone (Kyocera KC-S701 - very good actually. Crap battery life compared the Aldi phone, but as someone who was smart phone phobic, it's converted me).

I had one for over two years. Survived the first 19 months of my daughters existence as a chew toy/throwing toy. Excellent phone but retired for a tough smart phone (Kyocera KC-S701 - very good actually. Crap battery life compared the Aldi phone, but as someone who was smart phone phobic, it's converted me).

I tend to get a bit addicted to surfing the internet so I don't think a smart phone would be a smart idea.

I got the Aldi rugged connected to our wi-fI last night and fortunately it's rubbish at web stuff. :thumbup:

The battery is 2000mah so should last a fair while. My partners got an iPhone and is forever charging it or running out of battery.... yeah, the technology is great, but only if it powers up!

cheers, steve