Roller jamming issues...

Ty Korrigan

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, update and a result.

I've just returned from almost 3 weeks away in Morocco to find that the fault (which is intermittent) cannot be traced by the dealer.

As a result, I have had today, a visit from Guillaume Turner, head of G.M France and grandson of the founder of G.M.

Guillaume has agreed to an exchange of the 190 for a new 200 model which should arrive in... 8 weeks.

The 190 will return to the U.K for analysis in the workshop.

Now that is a weight of my shoulders and an excellent gesture from G.M.

Aftersales is the main reason I stay with G.M.

Being able to call up the factory direct for advice from the mechanics is invaluable.

Looking forward to this season again as this issue was lowering my spirits somewhat.

Shame Orange Plant don't take a leaf out of G.M's book of customer care...

(refering to a previous issue with a used Carlton 4012 grinder back in 2014)

Ty

Had a good look at the 200 yesterday at the apf and looks to be some good improvement and if it performs like they say I'd have another look at greenmech for sure!

Keep us posted how you get on with it

Fantastic customers service, well done greenmech

On our new G.M 190

This machine is NOT as powerfull as the machine we had on test for 2 days/6hours work.

The rollers just stop turning and jam often on very small branches, once on nothing more than a handfull of thin fruit tree twigs.

Much of this I have on video which I have showed the dealer and mechanic.

To their credit they had the machine in, changed the hydro oil, adjusted the springs and ran a trailer of brash through it with no problems.

We took back the machine and used it Friday for the first time since and hey presto...

I filmed several of the jams, small branches with one managing to stop both rollers multiple times before I just gave up.

No large pegs, no odd sized material, just regular stuff a CS100 could swallow without even dropping revs let alone a 45hp 7.5" new machine.

The right hand roller often gets material wrapped around it and jams more often than the left.

If any-one is curious to see a video then please visit my personal FB page Here: https://www.facebook.com/stuart.lejardinieranglais

I'm baffled and clearly so is the dealer.

Ty

Sent from my D5803 using Arbtalk mobile app

Just to straighten things.....The 190 is a good machine and will available for a while, as is the 1928. But we took the opportunity to talk to a wider audience and try a few more detailed changes. On balance they helped us to make up our minds and take another look at horizontal rollers. The infeed was redesigned to take flapped chute with bottom bar, push button controls and rear mounted throttle. Some of these changes were, in part, due to stiff changes demanded by French authorities and France is a good market for us. The different design and new livery has been well received.