New forum coming soon, have your say on new features you would like to see now.

Steve Bullman

I have not read this thread so not sure if it has been mentioned..

At present there is a option to hide messages from certain users, which is fine, I have to started using it as a number of users comments never appear useful and wind me up, so I would rather not see them..

Could we also add an option to restrict users from seeing posts that we create? There are users who in my opinion derail threads and don't have make useful contributions.. If as a poster you could choose for them not to see your posts, threads might be less likely to be derailed and it might make people less likely to constantly be negative as they'd just see a thread...?

• 3 years later...
On 25/02/2016 at 20:22, benedmonds said:

Could we also add an option to restrict users from seeing posts that we create? There are users who in my opinion derail threads and don't have make useful contributions.. If as a poster you could choose for them not to see your posts, threads might be less likely to be derailed and it might make people less likely to constantly be negative as they'd just see a thread...?

Lets not kill freedom of speech and the mental masturbation that different opinions create .

I do not want the world around me to think like myself and say as I say no matter how right I always am ?, I value others opinions and enjoy seeing what others feel, think and even what they stink ,whether I agree with someone else or not its good for the mind to know what others think and way that up against your own thoughts. I honestly value others comment even if negative , its called either constructive criticisum which we should all want and build on or its plain old ignore the knobhead with issues unreasonable comments, I don't get why people are scared of others opinions when they can steer yourself down the right path and even show everyone else what a twat they are ...How sad and boring the world would be if we all agreed with each other and no one ever went against the norm and did not dare say something that might offend or be seen as different. 

It really does annoy me these days that children and a lot of people do not seem to realise that having their own opinion whether popular or not is mentally healthy and a right. You can be and have the right to be sexist, homophobic or even racist , you do not have the right to shout this out in public or rightfully so harm any one mentally or physically but these thoughts or opinions are a right ,no matter how wrong it is... in conversation it can be dealt with...or shall we hide it under the carpet and say nothing.

Any sensitive subject from Slavery to FGM I want to hear opinions from both sides of any argument how ever evil or unreasonable I might think those persons are who I disagree with. I don't get how anyone can fully understand any subject without fully understanding every angle and argument however unreasonable ..and then you can put your reasonable argument to them and understand the situation which =`s contentment....IMO.

• Like 5