Hell of an echo in here...

TimberCutterDartmoor

I got given an echo blower and it's mint

I bought an Echo blower and vac brand new three years ago. It was a POS compared to the Stihl SH86's that I now run. It was £10 more than the Stihl also. The Stihls outclass it in every way, vibration, airflow, ergonomics.

Sorry! I'm genuinely not trying to make this a Stihl vs Echo slanging match. But I find the price/performance/residual ratios of Stihl kit hard to beat.

TCD- I understand the anology. Is it really better than a Stihl? Or equal?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheapest I've found so far.

ECHO, CS,-600, Petrol, Professional, Chainsaw, Echo

I've used Echo Strimmers, Hedge Trimmers, and Backpack Blowers on and off for 5 years or so and I've never once had any problems with them.

changing tack is that a harris hawk as for echos well had one now for 5 years it hates normal pump fuel due to being tuned for usa market so it starts but have to faff around to get it to go properly now had it tuned and runs fine it has been abused and cut a lot of wood but not a thing touch wood has broken on it i did look at getting a small echo but the sthil ms170 was cheaper by £50. as for jap engines have two honda strimmers and brill engines never miss a beat. see that briggs engines now made by izuzu so will be better engines the japs do know how to make good engines. look at ther bikes

I have two Stihl machines and I have just picked up an Echo cs420. I love the Stihl but I can quite honestly say that Echoes start better, feel better and sound better. As and when I need to replace my stuff it will be replaced with Echo.

By the way I just picked up an old Echo hc160. It had not been touched for years. I took it home filled it with Aspen and it started after only a few pulls! Now it starts on the second pull. Amazing machines.

Marc.

• 1 year later...
This faithful machine still cuts day in day out. Not a breakdown or part required since the start of this thread when the saw was new.

Hi John, Are you talking about the same CS600, you started the thread with. 3 years work and no breakdowns, thats a hell of a saw :thumbup1:. What bar you run it on now, i take it you took the 20' off. Any pics of it in current state. You still rate it above the equivalant dolly.

Hi John, Are you talking about the same CS600, you started the thread with. 3 years work and no breakdowns, thats a hell of a saw :thumbup1:. What bar you run it on now, i take it you took the 20' off. Any pics of it in current state. You still rate it above the equivalant dolly.

6 years! New in Sept 2009! I'm reckoning on atleast 8000 hours on the saw and yes indeed no breakdowns whatsoever. I have a spare exhaust as the current one has a ding and I wanted to be ready to avoid a lean run but not needed it yet.

I will take pics and post.

Got an 18" Oregon on it now; actually sold the saw to my mate who works with me so it's doing the same work as ever.

The eq Dolly (6100) is more powerful than this 600; I think the 620 Echo has edged the Dolly tho. I have a 620 firmly in the cross-hairs. :thumbup1:

I do have a secret formula for engine longevity though; Kioritz engine + Redline Oil = the ultimate combination. Saying that it's done half its life on Echo Power Blend oil; another good FD oil but not RL!

Edited by TimberCutterDartmoor