Hell of an echo in here...

TimberCutterDartmoor

I realise this is a really old thread but it has been updated through the years.

I am just about to buy an Echo CS 610, so, I would be really interested in the long term ownership experience of the 600 or 610. Are they as well made as the 5 year warranty suggests?

not sure? but wondering, have you considered the Dolmar PS-6100? DOLMAR - PS-6100

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not sure? but wondering, have you considered the Dolmar PS-6100? DOLMAR - PS-6100

Well, I have scoured the Arbtalk forums and it was a name I saw crop up regularly. However, I discounted the brand as it doesn't seem to be distributed in the UK at all. Any future warranty claim or spares required would be a hassle. I am aware of the link with Makita but who wants an aqua coloured chainsaw :wink:

Echo have a couple of dealers in my area and Countax (the UK distributor/importer) reply to customer (me) enquiries promptly. The five year warranty for Echo is a definite attraction. I also own some brushcutters and strimmers from the company which have served me well through the years. So, Echo it is.

I realise this is a really old thread but it has been updated through the years.

I am just about to buy an Echo CS 610, so, I would be really interested in the long term ownership experience of the 600 or 610. Are they as well made as the 5 year warranty suggests?

My 600 (pictured page 1!) is still as good as ever. On an 18" it's good but doesn't sparkle; on a 16" it is fantastic and funny! The 610 is deffo better with ally handle and more poke altho in the US the 620 is out and supposed to be ace :thumbup: I asked countax about the 620 - got no answer so you're doing well getting info from them. Must be my charm :001_rolleyes: not :sneaky2:

Well, I have scoured the Arbtalk forums and it was a name I saw crop up regularly. However, I discounted the brand as it doesn't seem to be distributed in the UK at all. Any future warranty claim or spares required would be a hassle. I am aware of the link with Makita but who wants an aqua coloured chainsaw :wink:

Echo have a couple of dealers in my area and Countax (the UK distributor/importer) reply to customer (me) enquiries promptly. The five year warranty for Echo is a definite attraction. I also own some brushcutters and strimmers from the company which have served me well through the years. So, Echo it is.

I starting importing dolmars last year due to the frustration myself and others on here i.e. shavey had with Mak. It has to be an enthusiasts buy tho as parts and warranty tricky...

"who wants an aqua coloured saw" - :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Yeah, you are right - the UK warranty thing with Dolmar is a bit of a black hole, and the yucky aqua colour is vile. Is strange that they've not picked up on this yet. Wish they'd just stop faffing about & sell proper Dolmars here!

Wish they'd just stop faffing about & sell proper Dolmars here!

Yes I am waiting, no one wants an aqua coloured chainsaw.

Battery drill or jigsaw OK, but ditch the Makita saw line, and sell Dolmar.

Dolmar were the first mass producers of petrol powered chainsaws after all.:biggrin:

H-A

The USA product range seems markedly different from the UK offerings particularly at the top end. I'm not even sure, judging from the recommended bar lengths, if the 6xx UK and USA models are the same. Perhaps they are just more optimistic in the USA :wink:

Do you use the 16, 18 or 20 inch bar on yours and does it have sufficient grunt?

The wide range of bars, and the options for longer ones is mainly due to the fact the US has a huge range of wood, and much of it generally larger than here. In many areas, conifers abound. A stock 372 can easily pull a 28" bar buried in Cedar with square ground chain. Folks in the states cutting oak with the same saw stick with 20-24" bars.

I have only used the Shindaiwa 452S, which the 500P is based upon, and love it with a muffler mod. It is no 346xp, but it weighs a lot less, costs a lot less, and pulls well.

I've had a 610 for 12 months now,its fab.we run 560xp and ms362 in same class so a good comparison.excellent build quality and anti vibe,a pleasure to use in the hands,economical too.it has its place in our armoury,deals with both hard and softwood well,not a saw you can chuck around though,slightly cumbersome for 60cc.this week its been converting very large poplar tops,gobbles them and asks for more.i run 72lpx narrow kerf on it.as for warranty it just feels like its never gonna break,touch wood

I've had a 610 for 12 months now,its fab.we run 560xp and ms362 in same class so a good comparison.excellent build quality and anti vibe,a pleasure to use in the hands,economical too.it has its place in our armoury,deals with both hard and softwood well,not a saw you can chuck around though,slightly cumbersome for 60cc.this week its been converting very large poplar tops,gobbles them and asks for more.i run 72lpx narrow kerf on it.as for warranty it just feels like its never gonna break,touch wood

:thumbup:

what length b&c you running on the 610 ? Cheers :thumbup: