Hilux Tyre Choice

Commando

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting comments there Steve. Hopefully I'll get some advice from Hilux users specifically. I know what you mean, the ride is pretty hard on the truck anyway! Thx mate

I got BFG AT on mine but the older KO not the KO2's mine are a 70 profile which adds a bit more on 17" rims. Granted they did rub on the plastics but I've changed my front bumper to an ARB winch bumber and have updated the suspension, so don't get that trouble any more. I pretty sure the KO2's offer a 65 profile which probably won't rub. I would definitely use BFG's again as I've found them a really good all round tyre :)

I got BFG AT on mine but the older KO not the KO2's mine are a 70 profile which adds a bit more on 17" rims. Granted they did rub on the plastics but I've changed my front bumper to an ARB winch bumber and have updated the suspension, so don't get that trouble any more. I pretty sure the KO2's offer a 65 profile which probably won't rub. I would definitely use BFG's again as I've found them a really good all round tyre :)

Hi mate what's the standard size tyre on the new high lux thanks John

Just swapped 60k Grabber AT's for AT2's on my Ranger, so you're not alone Steve in getting good mileage out of them. The garage had to really hunt around for the AT2's. They think that the old AT tread might be discontinued and the AT2's rebadged as AT.

Not sure if that's true or not.

Great tyres though.

I have yokohama geolander at fitted to my ranger and am very happy with them

They get very good reviews and not quite as eyewateringly expensive as bfg at nearly half the price

The Geolanders are supposed to be the nuts; absolute gems apparently that no-one knows about much. It's like stihl and husky syndrome; people think BFG are the only real choice; little do they know. :001_huh: