tracked wheel barrows from bolton

Stephen Blair

hi guys, edd has pointed me in the direction of these little chaps, really good price, but htey are obviously imports, all me and dean can see that looks flimsy is the track adjuster, we think its a mitsubishi engine, do any of you guys have one, if so what are your views. thanks:001_cool: New Track Barrow/ Rubber Tracked Mini Dumper Carrier on eBay (end time 01-Oct-09 15:11:25 BST)

steve youd be better to see the one you want before you buy. wouldnt know about the jcb as it looks a bit heavy altho it dose have hydrolic tip which is better than the falling over tip system that your one on ebay and my honda power barrow work with.

tracks are always messy when you turn, how do the muck trucks compair?

597654a08ad22_trackedbarrow.jpg.8495b15a11b957a651b9809f37b50a77.jpg

i used to have a loadrunner micro dumper from load master engineering (competitor of mucktruck) which could take 330kg and was manual tip, changeable bed also. this was on tyres and was very kind to the ground when turning.

i couldnt get on with it on the jobs i was using it for (paired with a micro digger for doing round the back of house stuff) but sold it to a mate whos a builder and he reckons its the best thing hes ever bought.

for the right sort of job they are brilliant but i have to be honest unless you have a suitable application in mind day in day out then theyre a bit of a white elephant.

just googled loadrunner and cant find anything recent; have they gone bust?

thanks for the replies guys. i like the tracked version with the extending body, the same as davids, you can pile loads of stuff on, even 7'-8'lenghts, the dump truck versions look good for builders but i cant see them being much good for timber, i havent used one before so i am just guessing, i would like to be able to bolt my new wee chipper onto one aswell, one of the other members has done this and it looks great.

I had a JCB Dumpster until recently; great little machine if slightly slow and noisy but then it was single cylinder diesel. The latter was its demise - overfuelling eventually blew enough derv into the crankcase to run itself on its lube meaning screaming revs, clouds of smoke and me in tears until it seized - I thought it was going to catch fire. Was in the middle of a village when it happened - :blushing: JCB wouldn't honour the warranty so I won't have another...

• 1 month later...
steve youd be better to see the one you want before you buy. wouldnt know about the jcb as it looks a bit heavy altho it dose have hydrolic tip which is better than the falling over tip system that your one on ebay and my honda power barrow work with.

tracks are always messy when you turn, how do the muck trucks compair?

[ATTACH]20781[/ATTACH]

I have the same barrow, it's been sat in the shed for ages and i'd been thinking of a log mover for a while.In true A-team style we made this one out of an old shopping trolly and a old 3/8 chain welded on to stop the log sliding around.

It worked well,the bigger bits needed 2 lads to flip it upright, but they came off fine. Hydro hi tip would have been good for loading but the weight of the barrow didn't bother the grass much,i have some 12' ramps for dumping into a trailer:thumbup:

597654f01f8b6_darlojob004.jpg.6eb44129c612e9b69fbb9b03b78b2ef4.jpg

597654f01b4b7_darlojob002.jpg.0696b1052ae994173d2a57698a8c545f.jpg

• Like 1