Makita dcs7900 vs ea7900..?

Maxnaggle

Here you go. Looks splined but was quite hard to see. Jammed a screw driver down the side of it but couldn't get enough purchase to turn it. Stopped before I broke it.. Rare occasion

That H jet should be a splined screw or double D

:thumbup::thumbup:

image.jpg.3f97b20ff91146dc0ab4af4db77c7ddb.jpg

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's nice with a 24" bar, it would probably handle a 28". I wouldn't go less than 20" it's briefly entertaining in an 18 but ultimately pointless.

Totaly agree Tom they're wicked with a 24" it's the ideal combination

:thumbup::thumbup:

Ordered a new bar for it last night, I'll give it a whirl next week and let you know how it goes, it was a good saw before so it will be interesting to see how it performs.

357 it great btw..

Was this the saw that had the coil trouble Tom :thumbup::thumbup:

Here you go. Looks splined but was quite hard to see. Jammed a screw driver down the side of it but couldn't get enough purchase to turn it. Stopped before I broke it.. Rare occasion

So what actual 7000 series saw have you got ... 7900...7901...etc ?

Heya Sawchip I've got the newer EA7900. It have a fuel scavenging system in the exhaust which is what I went about removing, basically a chamber within the exhaust which looked as though it would cause massive back pressure to stop loss of fuel...fairly easy to remove. Havnt had the chance to bury it in some decent size timber after the mod. Like I said earlier, seems a good solid saw and would definitely recommend, had it side to side with a 372 which had nothing on it. The carb is a zama unit, time will tell how that holds up...

Heya Sawchip I've got the newer EA7900. It have a fuel scavenging system in the exhaust which is what I went about removing, basically a chamber within the exhaust which looked as though it would cause massive back pressure to stop loss of fuel...fairly easy to remove. Havnt had the chance to bury it in some decent size timber after the mod. Like I said earlier, seems a good solid saw and would definitely recommend, had it side to side with a 372 which had nothing on it. The carb is a zama unit, time will tell how that holds up...

Gotcha ...that explains the splined H jet and no limiter cap..:thumbup:

To be honest mate the 7900 is on the limit weight wise for me, definitely appreciate the 261 after using the 7900 for a while! It's currently running an 18" bar which is too small for the saw Imo, unstoppable in the cut but not very well balanced

My small bar is 18"... balance isn't that bad - but it would be perfect on a 24".

Not sure if it's still true, but the 7900/7901 had the best power:weight ratio of all saws in the size band when it came out - with the 6400/6401 having the worst power:weight ratio.

After using the 6800i, the 6401 is a featherweight... And £55 makes it a 7901 :thumbup1:

My small bar is 18"... balance isn't that bad - but it would be perfect on a 24".

Not sure if it's still true, but the 7900/7901 had the best power:weight ratio of all saws in the size band when it came out - with the 6400/6401 having the worst power:weight ratio.

After using the 6800i, the 6401 is a featherweight... And £55 makes it a 7901 :thumbup1:

Does that mean the 6800I is redundant now:lol::lol::lol: