mf 35 engine diagnosis

rowan lee

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One other thing I noted was when I killed the engine, there was a louder then normal 'sucking air' (grasping for breath - type sound) sound from the exhaust/manifold area.

Hi LEE on the glow plug that's called a Thermo start sometimes they could actually mess the engine out where they go on the running pouring diesel straight in to the manifold and kill the engine let us know if it's a four-cylinder a three cylinder tonight I go to see my old mate thanks John

One other thing I noted was when I killed the engine, there was a louder then normal 'sucking air' (grasping for breath - type sound) sound from the exhaust/manifold area.

Hi LEE WHATS latest mate on your tractor I'm off down to see my old mate now so let me know he no.s about them thanks Jon

If you rule out fuel and air; I think it might be valves. We had a ford 6610 that was very smokey and down on power. When dyno'd it had no constant rpm or hp, as it was fluctuating too much- 48-62hp from memory. It never went bang while we had it; but we have been through several engine rebuilds with generators over the last few weeks, and if your valves are not seating properly, your going to loose combustion, or have a valve go south.

On our lister when rebuilt; one of the pots (air cooled) was sucking and blowing. so we retorqued it and it sealed. Im just wondering of your head gasket is gone, or if your head could have warped?

HI LEE I ask mate for you lee right clean air filter all so new fuel filters and fuel tap filter all so fuel pump filters inside pump all so fit new lift pump and new glow plug all the best with it mate thanks Jon