Alpine tractor - which make ?

tcfengineering

Are there spools hidden under the front nose of the tractor? 

The lever block on my Carraro does linkage on one, double acting spool on another (and had an outlet at the front for this too) and single acting spool on the third. 

like dumper says, we need clear pictures of the whole tractor from multiple angles. 

On 06/01/2023 at 10:29, doobin said:

Are there spools hidden under the front nose of the tractor? 

The lever block on my Carraro does linkage on one, double acting spool on another (and had an outlet at the front for this too) and single acting spool on the third. 

like dumper says, we need clear pictures of the whole tractor from multiple angles. 

Im back upto in wales now. Will get some more pics on Monday

The thing is like a 27 dimensional jigsaw puzzle. Currently trying to unsieze all the brake linkages, and needed to get the right hand side footboard out. That was fun. Well, its not out yet, but well on the way.

On 27/12/2022 at 22:44, Roger440 said:

However, whilst i have got a 22 series manual that purports to cover it, the 2 issues are, it doesnt in a lot of respects, and its italian! And i cant copy from it to translate as its a PDF

Any suggestions?

Put one (of many) translation apps on your 'phone and set it up for Italian to English.  Then, when you point the camera at the relevant text it will translate it directly to English - simples!

Generally the spool block will be fed from the steering column, which in turn is fed from an engine driven pump. So that’s two pipes into the valve block. Two more will go to the linkage, probably via the accumulator. 

so follow the others to reveal all!!

My guess, I can’t see a linkage position lever or draught lever also the top link is unsprung also leading me to think no draught 

I suggest the levers are in order from seat linkage up and down, spool valve double acting and spool valve to operate the hydraulic accumliator either on or off with flow adjusted via knob 

I would be happy to be proved wrong 

this tractor was sold as a alpine mower hence the accumulator to overcome bounce when mowing

• Like 2

23 hours ago, dumper said:

Can you get the seat of? Looks like you don’t have draught on the linkage, how many positions on the levers are they single or dual ?

At the moment, no, it seized. And because it seized i cant get to the bolts that hold the frame down. Problem for another day.

Dont know what you mean by "draught on the linkage". Would you be so good as to explain please

2 of the levers go both ways, the centre one only one way. 

7 hours ago, dumper said:

My guess, I can’t see a linkage position lever or draught lever also the top link is unsprung also leading me to think no draught 

I suggest the levers are in order from seat linkage up and down, spool valve double acting and spool valve to operate the hydraulic accumliator either on or off with flow adjusted via knob 

I would be happy to be proved wrong 

this tractor was sold as a alpine mower hence the accumulator to overcome bounce when mowing

As per my previous post, not sure what your first sentance means. Sorry. Not had a tractor before. Vertical learning curve!

You could be right about the first lever, but now its fully up, i have no means of weighting it to bring it down, so cant be sure. I also remeber when fiddling that the 2 position lever behind the 3 levers does something related. I cant figure out what its for.

The second lever only operates in one direction. Of course, it might be seized?

I understand the principle of an accumalator it prevent surge/bounce, but what does the lever oprerate. What am i operating. It whats the knurled knob on it for?