Snedding Tips

Will Cobb

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

depending on how i am processing a tree or what equipement i have depends on how i tackle a job. but if i was just wanting to log up a big felled beech in a field, then i would start at the edge and work my way in, i wouldnt want to be under any limbs or standing on the tree, and i would want to keep it balanced at all times, keep away from the big tension limbs until you have the weight of it if you are a beginner, but sometimes they are the first ones you take out to get it all on the deck easier, if its a spruce, like what most of us trained on then just folow the steps you were shown. dont walk with out the break on have good footing. but it all comes with experience and always give the tree and saw the respect it deserves

it is always the most useless person with a saw, going straight for the most tensioned limb possible, then they jam it, then they nearly pull the handles off it trying to get it out, then you have to go and cut them out, but they have done it in a big fork and it is the worst possible place to get a saw stuck aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

not so much cutting advice but one thing that really bugs me is when im snedding a tree and someone comes along with a saw and starts cutting at the same tree. this is very dangerous, please dont do it!!

Who employs anyone who resorts to this sort of behavior? I couldn't imagine!

The bollocking they'd receive would ensure no repeat performance, thats if they hadn't already been sent down the road. Where do people acquire such bad habits?

I consider myself a newbie having only finished college this june, but I never do any of the things that a stereotypical groundie that all of arbtalk hires does. Have the groundies that you guys hired been to college?

Edited by Ben90