Casio, Watch shop, H Samuals. Grrrr

PeteB

I read it that the OP's other half got the watch online, they couldn't it to work and so went to H Samuel for advice.

Instead of helping them, H Samuel stung them for £20 to adjust the strap and gave a phone number for Casio.

I think the OP has got two separate claims, one of which is more valid than the other...

1) Return the watch to the online retailer you got it from, in the basis that it is not fit for purpose if it won't pair with your phone. Not sure re: consumer law as to whether you will have to pay the return postage but morally your position should be strengthened by the fact that it wasn't made clear that the watch wasn't suitable for the particular requirements.

2) H Samuel maybe oughtn't to have taken money for adjusting the strap on a watch which the OP ultimately is going to return (and £20 seems excessive to me when the full toolkit to remove and replace links in a watch strap can be bought for less than six quid off eBay ) but the fact remains that they charged for a service to adjust the strap, and they did indeed adjust the strap.

As such, I think you should get your money back on the watch from the watch seller, but your only claim against H Samuel is that their staff should have known better than to adjust the strap on a watch that's not suitable for your needs. I think that's a bit less plausible so you might be able to embarrass them into giving the money back but IMO it's hard to argue.

Time, pardon the pun, to contact CAB and get them to help you draft leller. The product as sold, is plainly unsuitable for purpose as advertised. If you or the original purchaser had been in procession of all the relevant facts, there wouldn't have been any need for complaint, as there wouldn't have been a purchase.

Personally I don't think the CAB will be very interested as it seems to that neither Watchshop or Casio are at fault.

It seems to be just unfortunate that not enough research was done and the wrong watch was purchased. A quick search on google reveals which phones can be linked.

Application - Link with Smartphone - Collection - EDIFICE Mens Watches - CASIO

I bought my wife a watch from Watchshop and their service was good. They tell you clearly that if the strap is the wrong size you can take it to a 'Goldsmiths' in the High Street and they will size it FOC, or get it done at Timpsons for £5 and Watchshop will refund your money. Can't be much fairer IMO.

We got Lyn's done at Timpsons yesterday but can't be bothered to get the refund TBH.

We are happy with our purchase, but they do offer an extended returns policy for Christmas gifts, why not give it a try?

Returns Policy

Update on this. I got hold of the WatchShop, very nicely said to return it for a full refund and agreed that the online description was lacking in vital info. Their returns system does seem spot on with a returns tracked ticket printed etc. Hopefully, all will be good and thanks to their staff for the sympathetic ear.

Will avoid Samuals tbh.....

Update on this. I got hold of the WatchShop, very nicely said to return it for a full refund and agreed that the online description was lacking in vital info. Their returns system does seem spot on with a returns tracked ticket printed etc. Hopefully, all will be good and thanks to their staff for the sympathetic ear.

Will avoid Samuals tbh.....

Sorted Pete . Well done .