unimog and the rules !! FACTS needed!

prolinep

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am not going to read the whole thread or offer advice because I no longer own a Unimog but will say one thing in response to the OP.

If you don't need to carry three people, get a tractor.

Edit: even if you do need to carry three people, consider a tractor and pick-up. A cheaper and more versatile solution in every way.

There are things a tractor could not do that my mog can but it's also vise versa also, I find in this job it's always a compromise with trucks, why could there not be a ultimate arb truck within a sensible price range. The mog is the closest thing to perfection but, as everyone says licence laws are a bit of a cluster f##k. I personally haven't ever had problems but I'm sure in London I would worry about using it a little more, the best people to coment on this thred would be 1st call as they run a fair few, or contact atkinson vos, there always happy to help,

I agree with Old mill as long as you have competent skilled staff, but I found I needed 5 staff to do it that way, which put costs and stress up and profits down

With a Mog it can be you and a couple of part time brash draggers.

That's it Stephen, too many variables so it depends how the OP's business is structured and how he accomplishes his work.

I loved my mog but it just does not work for my business anymore so i sold it, i used mine on red and ag registered and never got any bother, i always though there was more chance of you getting pulled in a transit full of chip, because lets face it anyone with a crew cab transit with high sides full of chip is over loaded, Police will know that a transit can carry nothing.

They are great units and I'm sure i will miss mine. Lives to short to procrastinate whether its good or not, get one try it and decide for yourself, don't be one of those pundits who slate them whilst never owning/using or driven a mog. :thumbup1: