L200 or ranger??

Isabelle68

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Both my navara d40s have had to have broken leaf springs replaced, both at about 80,000 ish too!!

Nissan fit light duty leaf springs for the UK market, I upgraded mine to a new aftermarket set with an extra leaf.

Softer springs help with rear end traction, but they're not much good if you need to haul heavy loads.

The only thing I would say about the Mazda/Ranger thing is the diagnostics and spares, although mechanically the same Ford have their own diagnostic set up in place on the Ranger. If it needs plugging in there are a lot more garages about for Ford than for the Mazda. The same for the spares, Ford wont recognise the Mazda chassis numbers for spares. Other than that its the same.

Bob

My mobile mechanic has invested (quite a chunk of cash) into diagnostic computers that work with any make. The days of having to take a vehicle to a main dealer for diagnostics are thankfully over.

My mobile mechanic has invested (quite a chunk of cash) into diagnostic computers that work with any make. The days of having to take a vehicle to a main dealer for diagnostics are thankfully over.

I bit the bullet a while ago and invested in the original Ford only diagnostic set up complete with a toughbook lap top loaded with the autodata manuals. Its been a godsend being able to do your own key programming, pump/injector changes/coding and run the full check program on the trucks. For this reason alone I am slowly moving over to Fords on anything under 3500kg. At between £60 and £120 a visit for the diagnostic guy to come out let alone the wait and downtime , this lot has paid for itself time and again.

The extra lead on top is the oddball one for the Ranger

image.jpg1_zpswc2jogo9.jpg

Hi I had a 57 plate ranger the problem I found was that it was very high geared , if you pull a loaded trailer,digger from standstill the first gear felt like second I got rid before the clutch went not to sure about l200 hope this helps

I found the l200 a pain when towing as when pulling out from a t junction you had to change up half way round the turn which is a pain on busy roads

Why does it need to be a ranger or mitzi? This may be controversial but what about a defender? has a few cons but plenty of pro's and very diverse?

Had defenders most of my working life and just sold my 130 tipper, i just cant stand the horrible uncomfortable noisy bloody things anymore!