L200 or ranger??

Isabelle68

We run both, the Mitz is very carlike and comfy but a tad undergeared. The Ranger is a bit more trucklike and has a better engine.If its just you and your tools go for the L200 , if it needs to tow all day go with the Ranger.

Bob

Whats the best off road? Mpg? And simplicity to fix? Cheers

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you can find a mazda 2500 nearby its just a ranger for less money, think both came off the same mazda production line in Thailand?

The only thing I would say about the Mazda/Ranger thing is the diagnostics and spares, although mechanically the same Ford have their own diagnostic set up in place on the Ranger. If it needs plugging in there are a lot more garages about for Ford than for the Mazda. The same for the spares, Ford wont recognise the Mazda chassis numbers for spares. Other than that its the same.

Bob

Whats the best off road? Mpg? And simplicity to fix? Cheers

The ranger is better on fuel by a whisker, off road much the same. The Ranger is not as busy under the bonnet and is easier to work on, the Mitzy is cheap on spares and there is a lot more kicking about in the way of second hand spares because of its affiliation with the Shogun.

Bob

I want to make a point to you, that I will probably be hated for saying, best off-road depends on the driver ! Off road wheels makes a vast difference ! I have a Toyota hilux and I have used a standard set of wheels and I go everywhere on farm and I will admit there have been days where it would be easier with a better set of wheels. But if you are careful, use the correct gears, diff lock at certain points and clutch control ! Another thing get out and check at places you are unsure, it's seems stupid but makes a big difference and has for me. Going back to your original question the ranger is a good truck and two blokes use them on farm and do well. The l200 I have heard a few bad reviews but it's entirely upto you !!

The ranger is better on fuel by a whisker, off road much the same. The Ranger is not as busy under the bonnet and is easier to work on, the Mitzy is cheap on spares and there is a lot more kicking about in the way of second hand spares because of its affiliation with the Shogun.

Bob

Haha cheers bob, it really is gonna be "toss a coin" then isnt it?

Must be good if youve had 3!! Like ive said ive had a mitzi and apart from it being a bit of a screamer on the motorways it was a decent enough work vehicle, all i,m wanting is a cheap single cab to ferry my fishing gear about and saws and firewood, fairly comfortable to drive and simple to fix