husqvarna t540xp oil leak need help

Timberman675

husqvarna t540xp

hi,

When the saw is running and just after, oil can be seen running out from behind the plastic shield between the bar and the engine. Oil is even coming out between the same shield and the engine on top of the saw (see photos).

Also when not running there is a lot of oil on the bottom/ bench. there is also a missing bolt can this have something to do with it? Does anyone know what could be wrong with it oil pump?

Also i tried taking the clutch off by putting rope in piston but no luck is there another way of getting cluth off?

thanks

IMG_0635.jpg.5e69c19ee9d9a1a9022d237ffd32d0e0.jpg

IMG_0634.jpg.af7bf80f3724f6a33d7fc0d2ea73d2a4.jpg

IMG_0637.jpg.6a94096753e5b1b69f16c97587cb2f11.jpg

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure what the problem you have is caused by there but on a side note and a heads up it looks like your chain has hit the crank case and has taken a little Nick out just next to where the serial number is. Keep an eye on that as mine had cut all the way through before I'd noticed leaving a hole where the oil definitely will come out which I had to fill. Are you still using the original bar? Also pull cord should do the trick getting the clutch off I had mine off that way

I remove my clutch on the 540 with a hammer and screwdriver. On the outer face of the clutch are two slots. Put the slotted screwdriver into a slot and shock it off in a clockwise direction with the hammer, having rotated it to max compression. A couple of good firm knocks and off it'll come. Not sure if others do the same, but that was the way it was taught on cs 30, and it's worked fine for me ever since. Remember - it's a left hand thread!