Most economical way to remove chippings?

flatyre

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

cheers for the advice guys, will add in the cost of a large skip but ask the local farmers if they want the chip. photos are both sides from the same end. going to quote £950 for the conifers but how much time is there in removing the stumps as well as the ones in the grass? Never removed that much stump before!

cheers for the advice guys, will add in the cost of a large skip but ask the local farmers if they want the chip. photos are both sides from the same end. going to quote £950 for the conifers but how much time is there in removing the stumps as well as the ones in the grass? Never removed that much stump before!

Removing them stumps is going to be a pig of a job if that fence inside runs the full length .

Ste

Cut them down and thin them out and sell them as Christmas trees :thumbup: Have you looked inside the hedge to see how many trunks those conifers have ? I had just one at the bottom of our garden and it had about 8 and was a swine to get at. I dug the root out a couple of years after the stump had died.

Cut them down and thin them out and sell them as Christmas trees :thumbup: Have you looked inside the hedge to see how many trunks those conifers have ? I had just one at the bottom of our garden and it had about 8 and was a swine to get at. I dug the root out a couple of years after the stump had died.

they're all single trunks, the fence runs from the third tree all the way back but thankfully the trees have been trimmed of their lower limbs on one side to keep the driveway clear. Found a local guy a couple of miles up the road who'll take the chippings as bedding, the neighbour is happy to let me work on his side of the fence so removing the hedge should be fairly straight forward, the stumps will be right up against the fence and the large tree stump closest to the house takes up a much bigger area than shown in the first photo, the whole root plate is on the surface so there would be a good days grinding at it alone. Will offer to remove the conifers first, once paid for that then I can offer him a steep price for the grinding as I really don't fancy it!