Our local school has not got a minibus and I thought well why don't we all chip in

mendiplogs

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jon,

As a governor at a local school you would be surprised how little money some people have or are willing to pass to the school. It is hard enough to get parents to pay for school dinners and school trips (both educational and year end fun trips) never mind what would be seen as a luxury. An awful lot of school fund raising through Christmas fairs etc goes back to the general running and upkeep of the school.

Jon,

As a governor at a local school you would be surprised how little money some people have or are willing to pass to the school. It is hard enough to get parents to pay for school dinners and school trips (both educational and year end fun trips) never mind what would be seen as a luxury. An awful lot of school fund raising through Christmas fairs etc goes back to the general running and upkeep of the school.

Hi Kev that's taking the P🖕🏻❤️❤️ Kev I'm sorry I know someone who put in a new driveway first school and they paid for is the wrong pocket so good on them if someone can only afford to put a tenner in them put a tenner in but if others can afford to put tourist 300 and 500 and 500 and I think is a great idea rather than scrounge off the of the local local state for it thanks John

Hi Jon,

Thats a very noble thing to do but just has one slight snag as not everyone has £500 to spare & if you do then you're very fortunate.

Perhaps money grows on trees in Somerset? but then, yes it does in cider country!

N

I need a new forwarder Jon; can you put up a thread asking everyone to chip in something towards it, that would be ace mate. You put the first £25k in mate.

Hi john maybe that's possible it's nice to help out this night to help others out you better ask the boss Steve for that though as I'm not the boss but I think it's a great idea and traps people can contribute a small amount I don't know thanks John

Hi Jon,

Thats a very noble thing to do but just has one slight snag as not everyone has £500 to spare & if you do then you're very fortunate.

Perhaps money grows on trees in Somerset? but then, yes it does in cider country!

N

Hi Noel if parents can only afford a fiver a tenner it least there contributing to it I think it's a great idea myself and the running costs of the van like a keep on it that could be sponsored out to our local garage and they would have signage on the vehicle so they're winning win win win I think is a great idea me self I don't know what it why are there so many people down on the idea is that no one can afford a fiver well that's a joke thanks very much John