Books

Midge

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can get the first couple cheaper on Treesource. There is also someone selling them on eBay in group deals which makes them cheaper than amazon and saves you the postage of Treesource which goes up instead of down the more you order :/ .

Also check out world-of-books (think that's their correct username) on eBay they often get some really good second hand books to do with arb. Rackham, Starr etc and they go for a couple of quid, you just have to search through their shop as they're not very good at listing things.

You can get the first couple cheaper on Treesource. There is also someone selling them on eBay in group deals which makes them cheaper than amazon and saves you the postage of Treesource which goes up instead of down the more you order :/ .

Also check out world-of-books (think that's their correct username) on eBay they often get some really good second hand books to do with arb. Rackham, Starr etc and they go for a couple of quid, you just have to search through their shop as they're not very good at listing things.

Cheers, Will check that out. I've just ordered one (see above) so unless I can get them real cheap I was just going to wait until next month to order some more.

Depends what you want to learn I guess. The Jepson books are fairly simple and looking at your sig you probably have most of the knowledge in the books already and anything you don't know is readily available for free on the internet.

The Bob Watson book is great but at the opposite end of the scale is fairly in depth, i've got it to help on my degree and some of the stuff will make you scratch your head but is one of the best books i've picked up so far.

Thanks guys, i just eant to learn more about trees in general really and work towards be coming an arborist. So think my next purchase will be The Tree Climbers Companion as I have no experience at all climbing and if it is simple it should be a good start!

The Beranek book would be your best bet if your serious , whilst the climbers companion is essential reading and small enough to be taken on site to copy knots ect every thing in general tree work book is covered from climbing and Felling to dragging brash and clearing up !